Mowed With An Electric Mower Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fawteen,

What grass was there to mow with all this drought we've been lately? BTW, I'm just up the road from in MGM. Seriously though, I did see a video on that exact mower on YouTube several months ago and the guy did some serious cutting on on his lawn and it appeared to have a lot of battery life left after he was done. In fact, I believe he mowed the high grass across the street from his property and it did a bang up job on that section as well.

Glad you guys are doing what you do for the vets down there!

Very cool! Thanks for taking the time for the write-up and doing what you do.

I'm assuming the blades are direct drive, possibly having to replace the motor along with the blade spindle? I'd imagine whacking something unmowable would get expensive.

Rechargeable battery powered can be a nice way to go as opposed to gasoline powered OPE.

There was a neat looking "hybrid" riding mower that Home depot or Lowes was selling a few years ago. Had a gas engine on it that ran a generator that powered all the drives. Could also be used as a portable generator. Didn't stay on the market for long for some reason. Looked like a cool idea though.

Originally Posted by Leo99
A battery powered riding mower was almost unthinkable 10 years ago. At least, I never thought it possible. Very cool.

Thanks for all you do to give back to our brave soldiers that gave so much for us.

General Electric had a line of electric mowers and garden tractors 45 years ago called Elec-Trak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elec-Trak

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
So the mower somehow cuts the grass with electricity instead of a blade? That's what I'm talking about. Finally, the 21st century is starting to live up to the promises made by the Jetsons.

Nope. A little common sense (which more and more seems like a superpower) would tell you that the blades are driven by electric motors. It's powered by battery/electricity rather than gasoline. Clear enough?

You don't mean it.

Originally Posted by dhldmoore
Fawteen,

What grass was there to mow with all this drought we've been lately? BTW, I'm just up the road from in MGM. Seriously though, I did see a video on that exact mower on YouTube several months ago and the guy did some serious cutting on on his lawn and it appeared to have a lot of battery life left after he was done. In fact, I believe he mowed the high grass across the street from his property and it did a bang up job on that section as well.

Glad you guys are doing what you do for the vets down there!

He keeps the lawn watered. He has emerald zoysia grass which handles the heat and drought really well (it's also what I have on our property).

Originally Posted by Fawteen
So the mower somehow cuts the grass with electricity instead of a blade? That's what I'm talking about. Finally, the 21st century is starting to live up to the promises made by the Jetsons.

Nope. A little common sense (which more and more seems like a superpower) would tell you that the blades are driven by electric motors. It's powered by battery/electricity rather than gasoline. Clear enough?

You don't mean it.

What part don't you understand? The part where I assume you have little common sense, or the part that the blades are driven by the electric motors?

I was just messing with you. I knew an electric current travels through the blades thus shocking the cut grass out of existence instead of mulching it.

$2700!!

That thing will be dead in 5 years tops.

Could have got a commercial mower lightly used that would last 20 years for that amount of money.

My JD garden tractor is coming up on 18 years old now. It's still in perfect running order and still makes full power.

Something batteries simply can't do.

It's amusing you see the same comments as electric car threads
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back