mow lawn with FP/LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted tell you what happen today. I put 1oz of LC in mow lawn's crankcase and 1/4oz LC/3oz FP in fuel tank mixed with unleaded. I put in mow lawn.. WOW so much white smoke!! It ran so smooth and too much power! I had to ease the throttle to 1/2. It did superb job mowed the long grasses and hayes.
bowdown.gif

PS. the mow lawn never been maintence for many years

I am speaking of the mower lawn that never been tune up or maintence to keep mower's motor clean. It's been sitting on outside 90F degree for round years.

Pablo - when you start the mow lawn and it was lot white smoke come out from exhaust for couple mins. I looked the fuel tank was complete dry before i filled up fuel with FP/LC mixed in mower's tank.

[ March 21, 2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: fasty ]

Ummm...wow. Ease the throttle to half? No. Unless you remove the governor on the lawnmower it won't spin any faster even if you hooked up a turbocharger and injected nitrous. Yes, those additives are good, but they aren't magic. And why do you suddenly seem to have such a problem with english? I've seen several posts by you in the past and they are perfectly understandable...

[ March 21, 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: ZmOz ]

I used mow the lawn always full throttle during cut the long grasses and hay. It always weak power not enough power to cut the tall grass and hay. After LC/FP gave me so much power and i ease 1/2 throttle seems good job cut tall grass. I can tell big different before and after.

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
Ummm...wow. Ease the throttle to half? No. Unless you remove the governor on the lawnmower it won't spin any faster even if you hooked up a turbocharger and injected nitrous. Yes, those additives are good, but they aren't magic.

So going by your theory it more than doubled the power of your lawn mower? (mow lawn??) No. Impossible.

fasty is a deaf person and his language is sign. Maybe we can try a little understanding in our posts.
dunno.gif

Sorry. Just having some fun....didn't know.

White smoke is probably from serious cleaning going on. I say after a few mows, do another oil change, and that thing should be really clean.

PS I use FP in all my small (and big) engines. I too, can really tell the difference.

I finally retired a 1976 Jacobsen 21" a few years ago (truly great piece, only replaced head gasket beyond usual motor maintenance), and replaced it with the cheapest Home Depot piece there was with a closed deck (mulch deck & blade). Maybe $150.00. Bought some steel ball-bearing wheels to replace the cheap plastic ones, and it's just fine on the teeny lawn we have (20-30 minutes versus 3-hours plus).

Gave it a hard run one day (late winter); while still hot, tilted the deck and braced it to hold the Tecumseh spark-plug opening in upright position. Gave it a couple of ounces of LC and returned an hour later to pull it through a couple of revolutions. Let sit overnight. Added some more LC to crankcase, fired her off, stood upwind, and and ran for five minutes after complete warmup (Throttle is locked in 3/4 position). Did all other service, added FP-enhanced 87-octane and was very pleased at the improvement in starting and running.

Figured I'd just throw away the mower after 3-5 years versus the time and trouble of maintaining a more expensive machine (mow at least monthly in December/January/February; weekly otherwise and twice weekly April through July); but the LC/FP combo seems to keep it clean enough to extend that considerably. The FP in the gas is the real difference, IMO.

Last year I started to add Neutra to the gas of my trimmer, mower and vaccum and on these smaller engines the effect is much more noticeable.

Just gave my mower the spring oil change but first added neutra to the crankcase, mowed the lawn and then drained the oil, filled ran and drained again. Added some LC to the cranckase for the summer and will keep neutra in the fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back