Movies that you felt had disturbing subject matter

Not necessarily disturbing content, although entirely possible to have both, but movies you would say possibly is a screwed up more so than crazy movie. Crazy could be innocent and just wacky, like Looper or maybe the first Crank movie, the second was a little raunchy Crank: High Voltage. Not disturbing or unsettling, though.

I will go first.. to nominate the movie Apt Pupil followed closely by The Good Son (yep, Macaulay Culkin post Home Alone.) Apt Pupil of course follows a proud, unremorseful WW2 era figure.. The Good Son was just a psychopath and development of as such. Makes you question some of what they put in movies, that was early 90s I believe.

But, enough introduction. There are more.. Your nominations, and why?

1647116559288.jpg

Like Passport1 said, Clockwork Orange was the first that came to my mind. Malcom McDowell was certifiable. Another is 1994's No Escape, where cannibalism was the theme at an isolated penal colony.

Last edited:
Not necessarily disturbing content, although entirely possible to have both, but movies you would say possibly is a screwed up more so than crazy movie. Crazy could be innocent and just wacky, like Looper or maybe the first Crank movie, the second was a little raunchy Crank: High Voltage. Not disturbing or unsettling, though.

I will go first.. to nominate the movie Apt Pupil followed closely by The Good Son (yep, Macaulay Culkin post Home Alone.) Apt Pupil of course follows a proud, unremorseful WW2 era figure.. The Good Son was just a psychopath and development of as such. Makes you question some of what they put in movies, that was early 90s I believe.

But, enough introduction. There are more.. Your nominations, and why?
I couldn't watch House of Cards or Idiocracy as I thought they might be documentaries.

We watched the newest Texas Chainsaw Massacre the other night, and she couldn't finish watching it. The beginning and end of the movie was very disturbing! Gave me nightmares! The middle (tour bus scene) was way too cheesy, and I almost turned it off. But after that, it got really good! The ending really freaked me out!

Depicting both the crimes and the court proceedings that let the teachers off with minimal punishment, the film sparked public outrage upon its September 2011 release, which eventually resulted in a reopening of the investigations into the incidents. With over 4 million people in Korea having watched the film, the demand for legislative reform eventually reached its way to the National Assembly of South Korea, where a revised bill, dubbed the Dogani Bill, was passed in late October 2011 to abolish the statute of limitations for sex crimes against minors and the disabled.[5]

Back