Motuls Ester Base - any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ester's molecules: consist of Oxygen (O), which has a positive polarity, and Hydrogen (H), which has a negative polarity."

Looks like they got that wrong there. But I reckon thats a web master fault more than anything..

No mention about Polyolesters? Or perhaps their 'complex ester' is POE?

Hi,

Thats why I wanted a comment. I'm no chemist!

BTW Are you runnning the Motul? Did another change on my sons car last night. 5w-30 again.

What do you mean they do not have the upper hand? They state they use only complex esters in their formulations?

"After experimenting with a variety of Esters, MOTUL selected Complex Esters in 1996 as its latest generation of base oils."

And btw theguru, still in rinse phase. Havent used the car in a while... Motul 300V is definitely going in.

What I am saying is, "So What!" They are not the only company using Complex Esters.

Complex esters are made by two methods:
1. at the reaction level by mixing various acids with one or more alcohols resulting in a Complex Ester as the finished product. Natural or synthetic acids may be used here.

2. Mix various finished esters together at an elevated temperature to generate an ester "Mix" or Blended Ester product.

Oh ok. Misread you. I thought you meant they didn't use complex esters. I think I read somewhere they use coconut oil as one of the reactants?

They did mention polyol esters twice.

Most polyol esters are in the "tri-ester" class, such as trimethylpropane TM and trimethylethylelene TME. Pentaerithritol and di-pentaerithritol are polyol esters as well.

BTW, a Complex ester could contain polyol esters and diesters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back