Motul oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received a confusing array of answers/information from Motul Dealers/Distributors...hope to find some hard information. And the various web sites aren't a lot more help.

What I (think) I do know: Motul makes Oils that are straight Ester based, blends of Ester and PAO, and straight PAO. I have been looking at the 8100 5w-30's...there are a couple of them. The best I can glean from those I have asked is that all the 8100 oils are probably Ester with PAO.

Does anyone out there have any hard data, or links that can help, etc???

Also, are there any other brands of Ester-based oils (that may be more readily available)?

Oil companies will never tell you exactly what mix of grp III/IV/V is in their oils, and there is probably no other practical way to find out, either. Maybe somebody will have an educated guess about the various Motul products - I'd like to know myself.

Another commonly known ester-based oil is Red Line, for which the ester-based chemistry is something of a trademark. Red Line has an enviable reputation in certain circles and AEHaas, for example, has used Red Line 5W-20 in many of his exotics and posted UOA results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back