Motul 8100 now Group 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used different Motul products mainly 8100 series oils throughout the years-especially loved discontinued E-tech lite 0w30. Viewed their 8100 series as top tier-with good amount or majority pao-passenger synthetic oils as opposed to the V series ones geared more for racing. I know sds sheets don''t tell the whole story but for 11 out of 12 8100 Oils listed-the majority 50%- LUBRICATING OILS (PETROLEUM), C20-50, HYDROTREATED NEUTRAL OIL-BASED often with 10- Since 0w40 lists pao would think others would list if it was included in the formula.

Yup the 8100 X-cess is no longer a "great" oil, if we consider a mainly group 3based oil "not great".
But I still like it. Of course it helps prices here are more reasonable than what I can see in the US.

I have a quart of Motul 8100 'Eco-Energy' 5w30 that I was sent in an Amazon mix-up...(the listing said 'package of 6 but they only sent 1...so they let me keep it).

I'm wondering what synthetic would mix well with this quart (similar additive package)....???

I have 180,000 miles on my Burb using nothing but group III oils.
coffee2.gif

today oil blenders generally use enough more costly real synthetics to meet a spec + OW oils prolly have more real synthetic than others. that said its been noted even real synthetic thin base oils burn off more than slightly heavier lesser fake synthetics. surely group III's are good, just NOT as good on the extremes of hot + cold.

This is why I use the X-Max 0W40. Good stuff.

The oil in both my cars gets punished hard from -30C to track days and everything in between.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Popsy
Out of curiosity, where do you get it in Canada ?

There is a chain of Auto Parts in British Columbia called Lordco Auto Parts. They are in major centres and and small towns. They carry a full line of Motul products but they never discount it.

www.Lordco.com
smile.gif

Last edited:

Usually get it on Amazon.com and have it shipped to a UPS store just across the border. The US is only a 45 minute drive from here. Just order a couple cases at a time.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech

Usually get it on Amazon.com and have it shipped to a UPS store just across the border. The US is only a 45 minute drive from here. Just order a couple cases at a time.

I save so much money shipping to a store in the US and crossing over to get it, I live 2 miles from the US border. It takes 10-15 minutes for the trip back and forth. I also gas up, can't pass up savings of 25 cents a liter.

I can't believe how much cheaper car parts are in the US compared to canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back