Motul 300V 5W30, 3689 miles, 2016 Honda HR-V

I've been experimenting with 300V in my HR-V.

Posted back in March a UOA with 4229 miles (sample #3). It was newer stock of 300v and some commented the formulation changed or the lab made an error.

I had some older stock to compare and here are the results. Seems like it behaved very different.

Since sample #3 looks good, I'm going to continue the experiment with new stock.

IMG_5300.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there are a couple obvious things here:
1. This engine fuel dilutes like crazy.
2. TBN retention was clearly much better with this latest fill.

I don't understand why there's so much fuel in the oil when the engine isn't known for it.

Most of the miles are highway and I've been going on a lot of road trips.

In September I'll have access to a second car so will send the injectors to Trav.

i´ve read that racing esters should be used because water-ester chemical reactions.
but i do not see that going on in the data.

Reactions: FZ1
Is 300v considered a "racing only" oil or a street racing oil?

Its definitely not an extended drain oil.

FWIW I have 1 can of 0w40 300v I might run in the deere 316 I have at the house.. it doesnt use or burn any oil.
That HI-PO 6:1 compression ratio beast. (lol)

I see the same 'problems' I had with the 300V in a street-car. Fuel dillution leading to unwanted effect and also an increased level of sillicon (probably eating the gaskets). I'd recommend a X-clean 8100.

I used 300V in 0W40 or 5W40 in my Colt Ralliart until it was sold recently.

While I never had UOA done with 300V (had with other oils), it provided the smoothest and quietest (unscientific) driving experience.
No leaks in 12 years and almost 200000Km (half of that with 300V).

That silicon increasing thing is interesting. I do have some 300V left, maybe I should try it in my Accord now!

Back