Motorcrafts new 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you are interested in this oil it might be best if you have a friend that works at a Ford dealer to get them to purchase it with the discount because it's expensive in the USA at around 6 bucks a quart and should be less than 5 bucks with employee discount .

Heck , walk in the door at a Canadian dealership and it's 5.00 even so we are gettting gouged a bit
shocked.gif

Anyway here's all I have on it :

CCS -30c 2836
smile.gif

vi @ 40c 65
vi @ 100c 11.35
vi index 170
SA 1.2

I would guess the pour point to be -60 to -70f . Zinc should be 1100-1300 ppm just guessing .

Part number XO-0w-30-LAS and it can be ordered in the USA like any engine part .

SSDude, I did a post a little over a week ago on my Esso Agent telling me that Motorcraft (Ford) has a big contract with Esso up here. Motorcraft oil will be Esso. This Esso XD3 up here sells around 3.71 litre bulk up here, I wanted to buy a few bottles but couldn't at Esso, have to buy in bulk. I asked him where I could buy few bottles, he told me at Ford soon, he told me XD3 will be Motorcraft, the contract apparently is done with Ford and Esso. XD3 up here is in many Companies' labled oil bottles. I cant speak about American Motorcraft, I can for Canadian Motorcraft, this may be Esso Canada's (Exxon-Mobil) way of introducing their XD3 line in America, I am only speculating. I can give specs on XD3 0-30 if you like.

Cyprs

quote:

I can give specs on XD3 0-30 if you like

Please do.
grin.gif

Is the XD3 line ExxonMobil's oil? Why would they have Mobil, Mobil 1 and XD3 if the same company is making all three oils?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

I can give specs on XD3 0-30 if you like

Please do.
grin.gif

Is the XD3 line ExxonMobil's oil? Why would they have Mobil, Mobil 1 and XD3 if the same company is making all three oils?
dunno.gif

There is more profit to be made if you can differentiate your products.

The 11.35cst viscosity doesn't look like XD3 synthetic, it should be over 12cst. It's possible that this oil is made in the same facility as XD3, just modified a little to meet Fords specs. I'm looking forward to more specs/data on this new oil.

quote:

XD3 is an Esso product line. Since the Exxon/Mobil/Esso merger there is alot of product overlap but it's marketed to different groups of customers. You won't see many farmers buying Mobil products around here, most go to the bulk stations and buy Esso products.

In the past, Esso stayed mainly in the bulk sales market. It wasn't very popular in the retail stores whereas Mobil is available in all the big retailers. But since the merger, that's slowly changing. Esso is showing up on the shelves at Walmart and M1 can be purchased at the Esso bulk stations. But Esso/Mobil are obviously protecting their bulk stations since not even Walmart can match their prices.

Thanks Olympic for explaining the Mobil/,Esso/ Imperial merger. I understand the Esso XD3 is thicker base than Mobil too, this XD3 is half price of Mobil and great value in the TBN etc. XD3 is no less an oil at half price of Mobil IMO, it is the Esso Bulk sales and pricing that make it a great deal and value.

Esso 0-30 XD 100% POA Syn OIL

Density kg/m3 850
Kinematic Visc @ 40C 71
@ 100C 12.1
CCS Visc -35C 59
Pour Point -48C or -60F
Flash Point 226
TAN 2.5
TBN 12.2
Sulphated Ash wt, % 1.49
Visc Index 168

The O-40 XD3 SYN is same except:

40C visc 94.5
100C visc 15.7

Hope this helps,

Cyprs

Testing on my Vibes is completed and I've settled in on a 15,000km OCI. I probably won't do any more UOA's on them unless there's a problem.

I'll have a 40,000km UOA from one of my vans by the end of March, possibly sooner.

Is that 40,000 kms on 0-30 XD3 on one OCI? If so, I gotta see that analysis Olympic, what engine are you doing this 40K OCI on?

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back