Motorcraft FL500S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AdRock
I'm about to do the first oil change on my 2018 F150 5.0 and have been going back and forth on whether to go with the Napa Gold/Wix or the FL500s. Right now I'm leaning more toward the Wix but then I don't want to give the dealer any reason to deny a repair if I have to take it in for something.

This is why I used the Motorcraft FL500 filter the entire time my 2014 Mustang GT was under warranty. I still use this filter now that the car is out of warranty.

After having two warranty issues denied by Ford on this car and having to fight for four months to get one of them finally done and not ever getting the other issue fixed, I don't trust Ford at all when it comes to warranty issues. My experience has been that if they can deny a warranty issue, they will. I personally would use the Motorcraft filter while your truck is under warranty.

My fiancee has a 2017 F150 with the 5.0 and I use the Motorcraft FL500 filter on it. My fiancee's son has a 2014 F150 with the 5.0 that he bought new and he has used the Motorcraft filter then entire time with no problems and his truck has around 160,000 miles on it.

Originally Posted by wtd

After having two warranty issues denied by Ford on this car and having to fight for four months to get one of them finally done and not ever getting the other issue fixed, I don't trust Ford at all when it comes to warranty issues. My experience has been that if they can deny a warranty issue, they will. I personally would use the Motorcraft filter while your truck is under warranty.

Just curious as to what grounds they used to deny you warranty. I recently had our 2017 Explorer into the dealer for a rattling sound and to check on a TSB for a potential oil sender leak. What they did find is the timing chain/front engine cover is weeping and needs to be resealed. The vehicle had 35,850 miles when I brought it in. The oil filter was a Mobil 1 oil filter along with Mobil 1 5W-30 oil. They didn't deny warranty, at least not yet, do to having a Mobil1 oil filter or not having the oil changed at their dealership. Oh, and the dealer uses a conventional oil and a non Motorcraft oil filter unless you pay extra for the Motorcraft oil and filter. This is even on Ecoboost engines.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back