Motorcraft FL1A Cut Open (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What material does that make this ADBV? Mine was very flexible, but it most definitely should have been after only 1400 miles in a couple of months. Still felt like a good material.

I know the silicone ADBV is supposed to stay flexible for longer.

Are those Winchester and Remington ammo boxes in the background?
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
What material does that make this ADBV?
I'm only aware of 2 types of rubber used for an ADBV: nitrile and silicone. Normally, nitrile is black and silicone is a reddish-orange.

Except on the new Royal Purple filters...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Are those Winchester and Remington ammo boxes in the background?
54.gif

Yes, and an apple and an orange. What'd you expect on a kitchen table in east Tennessee :) :) In all honesty, I had just purchased them a day prior. 12ga shells and .270WIN bullets.

Ah, ok, so mine must be the nitrile adbv. Still a quality piece, but I know that the silicone is supposed to last the longest. Otherwise, they perform the same if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for posting the pics!!

I'm going to do the same to an FL1A in just a few days. I'm running an FL400S on my JD riding mower this year, talk about over-kill but what the heck I can't beat the price for a filter with such a great reputation!!

Thanks again for taking the time.

Kenny<>{

Last edited:
All the MC FL1A's I've used, none of the ADBV leaked. I believe they are nitril but they do the job. Try the "blow" test on a new one and you'll see what I mean. You can blow on a used one if you want, just do it in private and clean up when you are done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back