Motorcraft 15w 40 label recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in AAP today and noticed that the 5 qt. jug of Motorcraft 15w 40 diesel oil has a notice in small print on back label that recommends against using in gasoline engines that have a catalyst system. I have seen discussions on here concerning the topic of HDEO possibly damaging catalyst systems, but this is the first time I have ever seen a container of HDEO of any brand cautioning use in gasoline engines with a catalyst system. I looked at the several other brands on display and did not see a caution concerning this printed on labels anywhere. Just wondering if anyone else has seen any containers of any brand of HDEO oil that specifically cautions against its use in such engines.

It has been on the motorcraft 10w30 diesel oil for awhile now.

Probably only been on the 10w30 till now because its more likely for someone to use it in a gas engine vs 15w40

If I ever have any trouble sourcing Petro-Canada Duron HP, I use Motorcraft 15W-40 in a pinch. Unless you're burning oil, I doubt it's a major problem.

Justified labeling if it's on a 10w30 like Black_Thunder said. On the other hand, if you have an older vehicle that had flat tappets or an older bmw like my 87' 5 series, it's a PERFECT oil to use.

I'll put this on my list of oils to pick up for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back