Motor1 : Nissan Sold Just Five 370Zs And 49 GT-Rs In Q2 2021

I just took a look, there is only 1 new one for sale on Autotrader, it's in TX. They won't sell any, if there are none to sell. I still like them, and for the right price, would purchase one.

However, like so many other cars today, the price on any 370Z is out of sight. With some dealers asking $5000 more for a used car than they were new!

Do they still make the 370? Its not on their website and Cargurus doesnt show it as a new model.

I really wish Nissan would go back to the Z32 design and take off from there, and stop trying to be "retro" like all the other car companies.

I pine for the old school 270Z of my youth! IMHO back then many a Nissan vehicle was of high quality build. After purchasing an 08 Maxima for my mother and a 2010 Armada for my wife (family) I do not find Nissan a quality build anymore. Granted 2 cars do not speak for the whole. From my experience, Nissan is a no go.

I really wish Nissan would go back to the Z32 design and take off from there, and stop trying to be "retro" like all the other car companies.
That would be “retro” also though!

The Z32 is a great looking car, but I doubt it would fare well with the modern crash and safety stuff.

These days you can buy any type of vehicle and get a configuration where it has over 400hp. Shoot my Caravan has 283 HP. I would prefer a vehicle like a pickup truck with more utility than a sports car that only seats two and you're not sitting your butt on the ground.

Others would rather buy a Tesla. The 370 and GTR are nice, but they have a small following IMO.

That would be “retro” also though!

The Z32 is a great looking car, but I doubt it would fare well with the modern crash and safety stuff.
I guess what I meant to say is to advance forward in design where they left off, instead of trying to re-create a 1960s car, like everyone is doing.

The Z32 was developed during a period when engineering was a priority at Nissan. From top (Q45) to bottom (SE-R), their cars had features that stood out from their peers.

But, they didn't make enough money, Le Cost Cutter was brought in to save the company, gone were the multi-link suspensions and in came the beam axles, CVTs and such, and the rest is history.

I pine for the old school 270Z of my youth! IMHO back then many a Nissan vehicle was of high quality build. After purchasing an 08 Maxima for my mother and a 2010 Armada for my wife (family) I do not find Nissan a quality build anymore. Granted 2 cars do not speak for the whole. From my experience, Nissan is a no go.
What problems did the Maxima, and Armada have?

What problems did the Maxima, and Armada have?

Armada transmission went prematurely at 110k IIRC. About 70% highway and rest rural roads; little actual city traffic. Trans fluid changes 30k and 90k. Mazima was IIRC 120's miles and learned rings were bad. These 2 vehicles were very well maintained. CVT on Maxima lasted despite them having known issues causing extended warranty by Nissan. Otherwise, I liked them but not enough to get past the lack of reliability.

Because there are much better cars for the same money.

Name any sports car offered with a large 6 cylinder available with a manual, front and rear strut tower braces, front and rear under body braces, ,. Who else has that? In this price class no one.

Porsche Cayman? LOTs more money, almost twice the street price of an Enthusiast.
Subaru BRZ? Almost same money but a much lesser car in every respect, 100 hp less, less torque, less room, smaller wheels, smaller brakes, etc etc etc.

Name any sports car offered with a large 6 cylinder available with a manual, front and rear strut tower braces, front and rear under body braces, ,. Who else has that? In this price class no one.

Porsche Cayman? LOTs more money, almost twice the street price of an Enthusiast.
Subaru BRZ? Almost same money but a much lesser car in every respect, 100 hp less, less torque, less room, smaller wheels, smaller brakes, etc etc etc.
BMW M240.

Other cars don't need those features to outperform the 370Z.

The car was a very pretty also-ran from day 1

Back