Motor Warm up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to do this in the morning. I've always done the same thing manually, it never occured that it may do it automatically. Besides, I rarely have mine in auto.

For fun in manual mode, I've blasted the fan on high on a winter start and I wasn't sure if it would ever warm up. The temp guage stayed on 1/4 for about 5 minutes.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
My Acura does this too. It's to help the car warm up quicker and thus decrease emissions.

My Honda, which may have the same engine as your 'teg does the same thing. Back when I had the f23a1 (my namesake) it did the same thing. The '99 Stratus before it, however, never had such a problem.

No USDM Accords that I'm aware of had a B-series motor. There were a few 80's Accords that had them, but only in Japan.

I've noticed the TL does the opposite of what many here saying. I had it in 15 degree weather for a week and I was surprised at the lack of a high cold idle. It was higher than normal but about 1,100 to 1,200rpm.

In the winters here it hits maybe 800-900 rpm dead cold at 32 degrees.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
No USDM Accords that I'm aware of had a B-series motor. There were a few 80's Accords that had them, but only in Japan.

That's right I'd forgotten that you had a b-series. Those are fine engines.

Ok, thanks everyone for your replies, even though it all went off track at one point. Much appreciated.
I normally let my cars go closed loop before heading off at an easy pace until at operating temp.

Tx

Originally Posted By: Junior
Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Your country is so ahead of us on healthcare, drug laws and civil liberties. Whoops look what just came on ABC. :)

The Sham Wow Guy???
LOL.gif

hey its made in Germany!! Maybe it`s made right next to the German Castrol plant
shocked2.gif
Thaaaaat would be coool Eeeh,hahahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back