Motor Warm up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never worry, I have an oil pan heater and a block heater. Between the two of them the engine is already at operating temperature, I have it on a timer for three hours, you don't waste fuel warming up the engine that way, and there is no "accelerated wear from cold starting". Otherwise, I just start and drive, winter or summer. If really cold, I'll drive like granny for a few minutes.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: ravenchris
Rainbow...
Huh?

You get as many different opinions on this subject as there are colors in the rainbow. Same story every single time, which is about once a month here on average.
LOL.gif

I can't have a "rainbow" in my avatar so I have it on the signature line.
grin2.gif

High tech! A digital rainbow
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
I fully support your right to display a rainbow. [censored] I just might display one to [censored] the 'phobes off.

Actually I haven't found any 'phobes here yet... Everyone has been pretty cool about it. Check out the Photos Section of the forum for the thread "Rather Interesting Paint Job" or something like that. You will see what I mean!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
grin2.gif

LOL.gif

I try!
grin2.gif
I had to knock off the one colour at the end because the UBB coding exceeds the 150 character limit, but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

Turbo,

Everyone has their own gig on how to warm up the engine in the mornings and such. I however like to idle mine until the RPM's settle down a bit before shifting gears cuz I don't like the lunge forward or backward when it engages.

The only real reason some people indciate to start and go to allow the engine to warm during driving is to save a little gas.

I like to circulate the oil as much as possible using the slowest engine RPM's as possible.

Durango

Your country is so ahead of us on healthcare, drug laws and civil liberties. Whoops look what just came on ABC. :)

The Sham Wow Guy???
LOL.gif

I let it idle a minimum of 5 seconds, up to maybe 30 sec if it's below freezing. (Living in S. Az., that's seldom a worry!) After that, I drive very gently, granny style for a minute or so, then slowly put more RPM and load on the engine as it begins to warm.

Several jobs ago, I worked out by a small country airport. One of the chaps had a very strange habit! During the 15 minute morning and afternoon break periods he would run outside and dang near LEAP into his 300Z, fire up the engine, and with no further ado, burn rubber out of the parking lot. He'd then roar up and down the semi-deserted roads at full throttle, hitting well over 100 by our best guess. Funny thing, he was ALWAYS rebuilding that poor car. "I gotta find a better mechanic!," he'd complain.....
crackmeup2.gif

(True story, I swear it!)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Geonerd
During the 15 minute morning and afternoon break periods he would run outside and dang near LEAP into his 300Z, fire up the engine, and with no further ado, burn rubber out of the parking lot. He'd then roar up and down the semi-deserted roads at full throttle, hitting well over 100 by our best guess. Funny thing, he was ALWAYS rebuilding that poor car. "I gotta find a better mechanic!," he'd complain.....
crackmeup2.gif

(True story, I swear it!)

He shouldda been running some 20W50 in that biotch
11.gif

I fully support your right to display a rainbow. [censored] I just might display one to [censored] the 'phobes off.

Actually I haven't found any 'phobes here yet... Everyone has been pretty cool about it. Check out the Photos Section of the forum for the thread "Rather Interesting Paint Job" or something like that. You will see what I mean!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
grin2.gif

LOL.gif

I try!
grin2.gif
I had to knock off the one colour at the end because the UBB coding exceeds the 150 character limit, but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

Funny, I thought this board was no religion, sex, or politics. I have no idea why you feel the need to display your sexual preference for all to see. If I had a "proud to be heterosexual" in my signature I would be called "phobe". Seriously, I don't care to see that [censored] every time I click on an oil related post. I could care less what you do off of here so don't bring it on here.

How do you figure it's a right? It's a sexual act, a behavior. Last time I checked, there isn't a guaranteed right to post on bobistheoilguy what we do in the bedroom.

Maybe I should put my favorite sexual position in my sig. That would be about equal to the offensiveness of the rainbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back