Motor oil in RED bottle with GREEN cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this real cheap at Oriellys and they couldn't tell me who made it OR what weight. No stickers on bottle. So any idea who has a red bottle with green cap?

The old QS High Mileage maybe? The one before Defy is the only one I can think of and that's a maybe.

Yeah I thought maybe that one also but I don't see any images online with red bottle and green cap. The bottle is plain, no markings except the image in the plastic next to the cap that shows how to pour it, set in a cicle.

IIRC, the old QSHM had a red bottle with a green cap.
When you say "real cheap" I hope you mean almost free.
Mystery oil of unknown grade can't have much value.

That's not a SOPUS Bottle... Maybe something Warren makes... who does their house brand?

Looking through the oils on the o'rielly website, I'd say either some form or o'reilly brand Conv, or HM, or or a "pure guard" brand oil..
but going by the pics on the website, neither uses that particular color combo...

Put a little bit in a cup and put it in the freezer and if it is still fluid after being in there then its probably a multigrade, otherwise you might have some SAE 30, or 40 on your hands, who knows!

Why would you buy anything unlabeled??
And at 2.50 a qt it was no bargain
I would only use in an old lawnmower that I didnt care much about
Never in a car

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Lawn mower oil! Nothing more, nothing less.

That's what i figured i'd do with it,maybe mix it with known weight. The guy at the store swore it was a 10w30. That is what is on the receipt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Why would you buy anything unlabeled??
And at 2.50 a qt it was no bargain
I would only use in an old lawnmower that I didnt care much about
Never in a car

That way I could get the PPlat for same price also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back