Mother's CMX Ceramic Wash & Coat

I typically use Mother's products inside and out on my vehicles. Recently, I tried the CMX wash and coat and I am not sure what to make of it. It does not produce much suds and it is hard to tell if it is actually cleaning. The spray finishing coat went on like a breeze and came off easily as well.

It did leave my Rubicon fairly shiny, but I actually believe the regular Mother's non-ceramic products do a better job.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?

Not the same product, but I tried Turtle Wax ceramic spray recently and decided I like Turtle Wax Seal and Shine better. The ceramic wasn't as lubricious.

I bought it as well and didn't care for it.

So far the only "ceramic" soap I like is Chemical Guy's Hydro Suds. Most of their products are duds, but I really like this one for my coated Atlas.

I wonder if the SiO2 component in a wash product is counterproductive? Ceramic spray products tend to repel water. Maybe this is a different form or has another component added to the wash to help keep things agreeable, so to speak?

I wonder if the SiO2 component in a wash product is counterproductive? Ceramic spray products tend to repel water. Maybe this is a different form or has another component added to the wash to help keep things agreeable, so to speak?
I am not sure. It is the strangest car wash I think I have ever used. I will likely revert back to the standard Mother's products in the future.

I have tried as hard as I can to use Mothers products (I try to patronize them since they sponsor Formula 1 broadcasts) and have yet to find anything good enough to buy again. Polishing compound, headlight restorer, back to black, cleaner wax, VLR.

Suds and lubricity do not go hand in hand. In fact, one of the slickest car washes I've used is 1Z Perls (now called Nextzett?) and it barely makes suds, but it keeps washed-induced marring to a minimum.

I have tried as hard as I can to use Mothers products (I try to patronize them since they sponsor Formula 1 broadcasts) and have yet to find anything good enough to buy again. Polishing compound, headlight restorer, back to black, cleaner wax, VLR.
The Back to Black and VLR stuff worked pretty well as did the normal carnauba wax products, but the ceramic stuff is just "off".

Suds and lubricity do not go hand in hand. In fact, one of the slickest car washes I've used is 1Z Perls (now called Nextzett?) and it barely makes suds, but it keeps washed-induced marring to a minimum.
I could accept that except there was no lubricity either--certainly no more than carnauba has.

Though the CMX was "weird", it certainly is hydrophobic

3eLMEQ.jpg

3eL1Qj.jpg

3eLV4V.jpg

3eLGCx.jpg

3eLhYP.jpg

3eLX3B.jpg

3eLwyF.jpg

3eLOTg.jpg

3eLeja.jpg

3eLkZJ.jpg

3eL8Cv.jpg