Most Expensive Gas Brands

Yeah I can vouch for Shell being the most expensive in most of N Texas region.

Throughout the years I’ve noticed the most expensive gas brand can vary by region. Chevron is usually 2nd most expensive where I live but driving east to LA, AL, or MS, Chevron is priced as one of the least expensive options. I’ve read many people say ExxonMobil is the most expensive in their area but around me it’s one of the cheapest. Valero is by far the cheapest branded gasoline in my region.

Shell owned this area 5 years ago.
We would have Shell stations exactly across the street from each other because they bought up
every gas station or franchised them. Now you have to drive many miles to find them but they were never cheap either.
But Sunoco is #1 on the price but there are few of the stations around

Most stations around here are the same. Shell consistently has the highest price for premium, but regular matches the other stations.

Actually it depends.. For regular or for premium? Exxon and Shell is usually expensive. Just depends which township. Sunoco on the garden state is definitely expensive.

It really depends. Part of what's going on is pricing relative to the neighborhood, where some are regulated by the franchise agreements to accept the price set by the fuel marketer. But it's not terribly consistent. Overall I'd say Shell and Chevron have the highest prices, but there are some stations that are fairly reasonable. But I've seen Shell stations right across from another brand, and the cash prices are 30 to 40 cents higher per gallon.

Back