Just a few things, some I have been brought up before, some are new. Just wanted a new post to not have all the old issues that have been addressed.
- Are we going to ever get the option to change the number of posts per page? I hate 20 posts per page. The main sub-forum pages were changed to 30 threads, but posts are still only 20. I like 50, or even 100.
- Any more color schemes coming? I just don't like the looks of any of them. The old forum had tons of options, this has 4, with 3 of them having tons of white, especially backgrounds (I don't like "dark" themes, but don't want all white either, I used the "Mocha" theme on the old software).
- I still think the spacing is too big on all pages. I have a smaller screen on my laptop (15", but is 1360x768) and there is just too much wasted space taken up by blank space and larger than needed text and borders. I think it is just a design flaw since XenForo (XF) is for mobile devices more than desktops/laptops (a whole 'nother gripe about the overall www), so probably nothing can be done about that.
- Any way to set the stickies apart better? Having a little thumbtack does nothing to set them apart from regular posts. Maybe a thick line after the last one or have them "boxed in". I would ask for a way to minimize the sticky sections, but we can't get that to work on the regular sub-forums, much less within the sub-forums.
- Any option to show all quoted text all the time? I can't stand how it cuts off a long quote and I have to "click to expand". Some may like it, but I don't, there needs to be an option to set that. Again, I think this is a XF issue. They seem to like to make you click more to do less.
- Any way to make a message text box bigger? Typing this reply, I can't read what I have typed at the top since the box turns into a scroll box, other forums have the ability to drag the box down and make it bigger, this one does not (probably another XF "improvement").
- And a final thing, any way to get our old smileys back?
The XF ones are just so blech ( this is the new vomit: , this was the old vomit: ).
What am I supposed to use for the old , this or this ? Just not the same.