More Air bag stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
An article that say Honda and Takata knew about the air bags.

I have to wonder if anyone of the other manufactures did too.
My guess is probably.

It is going to be a big costly recall. I would like to know if my Grand Prix is affected. I think the truck and the Trans Am are too old.

Air bag article

Who would have thought that having a bag explode in your face while you're in the middle of having an accident would be dangerous.

I stopped to help at an accident and the lady driver had her eyeglasses smashed into her face. She was stunned, did not know what happened or where she was. She had no idea that she was in an accident or that she was even driving a car. I held her hand and talked to here while we waited for the fire department to arrive. I wanted here to sit still and not move. The paramedics put a cervical collar on her and a board behind her back before moving her.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
An article that say Honda and Takata knew about the air bags.

I have to wonder if anyone of the other manufactures did too.
My guess is probably.

It is going to be a big costly recall. I would like to know if my Grand Prix is affected. I think the truck and the Trans Am are too old.

Air bag article

Look up your vehicles on safecar.gov

My wifes Accord needs the driver and passenger bags replaced. The dealer ordered them 3 weeks ago and only have one so far.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I think the truck and the Trans Am are too old.

I don't have to worry about this any more (aftermarket racing steering wheel {sparco R383} in the Z28).
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back