MOPAR MO-409 (New Filter Design; AC versus AE)

Both of these filters were purchased at Walmart.

This is a reference from another thread where the "old" design was cut open:

The AC has the information painted on the can, the AE has a stick on label.

Notice the change in the box diagram of the filter itself, and the picture of the bottom of the filter.

The AC is on the left. The updated AE is on the right. The AC is from 2019, the AE is from 2020

IMG_0831.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_0833.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg

It looks like they moved the ADV and I don't recognize the safety bypass in the new design?

Any thoughts?

As noted, AC made by Wix, AE made by Purolator. Purolator has long made some Mopar OEM oil filters. Whether made by Wix or Purolator, made to Mopar spec.

I would not call the Mopar AE a P1/(PL) clone. Clone implies identical to P1. P1s use a silicone adbv have a solid efficiency rating. The Mopar has a black adbv which in greatest likelihood is nitrile. Also, while possible, doubtful the AE has same efficiency rating as the P1.

Last edited:
As noted, AC made by Wix, AE made by Purolator. Purolator has long made some Mopar OEM oil filters. Whether made by Wix or Purolator, made to Mopar spec.

I would not call the Mopar AE a P1/(PL) clone. Clone implies identical to P1. P1s use a silicone adbv have a solid efficiency rating. The Mopar has a black adbv which in greatest likelihood is nitrile. Also, while possible, doubtful the AE has same efficiency rating as the P1.

doesn't mean it won't tear :sneaky:

Back