Moog vs Mevotech?

Looking for some discussion on some of the commonly available aftermarket replacement parts out there, specifically the Moog CK series (aka Problem Solver) vs the Mevotech TTX line. Is either a worthy replacement for OE when needed? Is either actually better than the other? If you have to have context, lets say on either of my F150's which I plan to run indefinitely at this time. About 2-3x per year they see fire trail and two track but nothing hardcore or really offroad.

The Mevotech premium extended travel control arms are pretty highly thought of in the Nissan off road community. I don't know if they make that type for other vehicles, and don't know how they compare to their other stuff.

I had some Moog springs that were absolute junk - they were good when new but settled in 6 months back to the level the 8 year old OEM's were at when replaced, but thats the only Moog I have used recently.

Last edited:
Crap and bigger crap. OE is the best bet. There are some smaller manufacturers that make custom stuff but they are pricey, Moog has not been any good in many years and Mevotech is just poor quality and always has been, their QC is worthless.

Not an F150 but this is an example of Mevotech and Moog quality vs OE.

While there are instances where I couldn't agree more, there's an equal amount of instances where the GOOD Moog/Mevotech line has actually proven to be an upgrade. Granted... those instances are becoming as rare as hen's teeth it seems, I must admit.

The TTX line has shown potential, but it's much more of a smoke show than a true effort. Moog has more or less given up: their Problem Solver line has become mostly sway bar links with grease fittings and fancy boots.

Motorcraft parts are reasonably easy to get, so stick with those.

For aftermarket, if you can't get Motorcraft and are buying from Rock Auto, my choice would probably be Delphi, since most of those parts are made in Turkey and probably made by Disa/Deeza.

CTR (Central) is also good quality. Made in Korea and an OE supplier.

For Japanese cars, there's Sankei 555

Moog has gone downhill. My F150 eats up the Problem Maker idler arms and pitman arms. 150k miles 5th idler arm, soon to be 3rd pitman arm. Reminds me of the Duralast warranty of non stop repairs. I think I'm giving TRW a shot for idler arm this time. Looks about the same so not thrilled. At least Japanese vehicles have some better aftermarket options. I am so tired of Ford and the junk aftermarket.

Looking at my RockAuto order history, it looks like I ordered Mevotech inner and outer tie rods on 08/02/2019. I remember the quality was outstanding and they've been doing very well on the car. Made in Canada.

Both AC Delco and Mevotech have three levels of self admitted quality and price points. Then there are the You Tube guys complaining about something but hardly ever a guy saying boy this stuff is great even it functions just fine. Then there are guys dissing the product line even though they have no clue which version went in. I might as well stick out my neck and say “Geeze, my Mevotech Supreme upper control arms and my AC Delco Advantage Lower Ball joints have lasted a year already on our 2010 Silverado.” Here they are after getting lubed with synthetic grease. :D Flame suit on.

FF26BEF9-0385-47B2-9B91-4F8A9800F9FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back