Monday Gas Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped for fuel while out shopping today and the station manager said that they have been notified of a jump in fuel prices effective sometime Monday.

He was not sure on the amount of the hike but said it could well be several cents per gallon.

Remember to look for record profits from our friendly oil companies this quarter.

$3.89 in Ionia Michigan. Easily four bucks or more by Memorial day. No use for me to be mad, it is what it is. We will drive less and be happy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Remember to look for record profits from our friendly oil companies this quarter.

Buy oil stocks!

It happened here Friday overnight. Woke up yesterday and up 14¢ to $3.52 on Mo side and $3.59 onh the KS side. Sucks

Paid 3.38 for regular Tuesday.
Caught some today for 3.59.
Stations down the road were already at 3.79.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125

Buy oil stocks!

Too late.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125

Buy oil stocks!

Already taken care of.

Originally Posted By: Rican
Really? Dang and we get a lot of our gas from you guys, most be a government regulation to keep demand down then

The difference in price has is due to our higher taxes on fuel.
But I'm not complaining, even at $5 we're still better off than the UK and Europe where it's more like $8 per gallon.

So I always get a chuckle when I hear my American friends complain about gas prices.

Up 25 Cents today. Gas is up total of 45 Cents a Gallon in 1 week here in Mn!!

I finally gave in this year and invested heavily in energy funds in early January. Up 16% since the start of the year...although I'm thinking of ditching them soon. I'm a little squeamish of the over-inflated prices right now. Better to get out while the gettin' is good!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017

I finally gave in this year and invested heavily in energy funds in early January. Up 16% since the start of the year...although I'm thinking of ditching them soon. I'm a little squeamish of the over-inflated prices right now. Better to get out while the gettin' is good!

No one ever lost money taking profits.

I don’t know about you guys, but these gas prices are killing me. Big time! Get this. I work in a town where State Farm Insurance is headquartered. The gas prices on Monday of payday Friday gradually go up and are at the highest level on Sat and Sun after payday, then they go back down and are at the lowest on Wed and Thursday. I’ve seen this fluctuation occur for 10 years now. It’s a racket and it’s p I s s I n g me off. Do any of you work in a place where a lot of big business are and do the stations raise their prices in accordance to paydays?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back