Molygen with or without the DPF symbol?

Hi all, newbie here to ask a question that crumbles my brain.
I'd like ask you a question about these two oils.
One is molygen with dpf symbol (purple and green sticker, recommended for benzin vehicles & sku 21225)
L%C4%B1qui%20Moly%20Molygen%205W-30%20Dexos%20New%20Generation%20(9089)%20-%204%20L-500x500-product_popup.jpg

and the other one also molygen but without dpf symbol (and psa certification-acea c2, for cat. conv. vehicles & sku 9089). I realized this difference after I changed my oil with 9089.
0000666_liqui-moly-5w30-motor-yagi-molygen-new-generation-advance-full-sentetik-4-litre-9089_550.jpeg

My engine is a ehdi euro5, Citroen Grand Picasso 2015(b78). Maker standart is ACEA C2 and LM suggest toptec4300 for my car.

Here are tech specs of this oils.
https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_GB/liqui/76/P001757
https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_GB/liqui/21/P004283
Now I wonder that do i have to change my oil to 21225 or toptec4300?
Is current situation creates a danger/malfunction for the engine?
Thank you all for your answer in advance.
Greetings

Similar with: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/wrong-oil-or-not.321596/

Oils that claim to be safer to emissions systems are simply lower additive because cars can burn a liter every thousand miles since new without being deemed a problem under warranty and if that's the case an oil should have a low additive count.

If that engine hasn't burned oil until recently or better yet still doesn't or just burns a meaningless amount then it won't hurt to have a "non dpf safe" oil in a dpf equipped diesel. If it burns a decent amount of oil that's close to Citroen limit then you'd want to use a lower additive oil. But if it doesn't burn a liter per thousand miles it's ok and if it burns a fraction of that or none then better yet.

It appears you're using the correct C2 9089 oil product. The suggestion to use Toptec is just the OEM's relationship with oil companies but you can freely choose other brands that meet the spec requirement. The 9089 has a higher HT/HS for your diesel, so that's good, & you'd probably not want to run a lower HT/HS / Low emissions 21225 product.

One states the sulfated ash is </= .8 % and the other states the sulfated ash is <.8 %. Both are very low and should be perfectly fine for a vehicle with a DPF. The approvals may be written in a manner that will preclude one from meeting a specific approval and yet be technically sufficient.

One states the sulfated ash is </= .8 % and the other states the sulfated ash is <.8 %. Both are very low and should be perfectly fine for a vehicle with a DPF. The approvals may be written in a manner that will preclude one from meeting a specific approval and yet be technically sufficient.
Yes, that's right they are both low ash. The difference is HT/HS.

The one without the DPF symbol is not a diesel oil. It’s a standard gasoline API SP/ILSAC oil. Your diesel engine requires a diesel oil, which C2/C3 is.
Yes I know that but my question was not that, dear friend. How this difference effect engine or dpf system, or viscosity is the only factor effecting oil character?

Yes I know that but my question was not that, dear friend. How this difference effect engine or dpf system, or viscosity is the only factor effecting oil character?
I'll assume your engine is a diesel. You don't want to use a gasoline only oil for a diesel engine. The add pack, base oils, etc play a key role in deciding if it's robust enough for a diesel engine. Stick with the C2 diesel oil.

Diesel engines requires a diesel-rated oil since they produce soot as a byproduct of combustion. The soot must be held in suspension or it will act as an abrasive particle, causing accelerated wear internally (think sand in your shorts).

For your diesel, you must use a diesel-rated oil (the C rating, for "compression") that is approved for your engine.

Diesel engines requires a diesel-rated oil since they produce soot as a byproduct of combustion. The soot must be held in suspension or it will act as an abrasive particle, causing accelerated wear internally (think sand in your shorts).

For your diesel, you must use a diesel-rated oil (the C rating, for "compression") that is approved for your engine.
Just an FYI that your C reference is incorrect. In this instance C2 or rather the "C" would stand for "Catalyst Compatible" specification.

Last edited:
Back