Moly vs no Moly - Engine break in?

I assume that these engines are shipped with no oil inside so the dealer will be adding the oil before startup. Ask them what is in there.
That's what I would have assumed. I guess I was wrong.

When I went to the dealer to swap loaners (They ran outta CX-30s to sell, selling my loaner as a CPO and they gave me a CX-5) the engien was still sealed up in a crate.

Pretty much the same thing they say for their branded oil at the dealership.
Still when I bought my 2019 Miata, the first thing I wanted to do was change the oil. That statement kept me from doing it. The words “run in“ oil.

False. Engines are filled at factory and are likely run some period of time before making it to dealer.
You’re correct. I’ve been to 2 auto plants and vehicles are driven in and around the plant for one reason or another. They do not pick vehicles up with a fork lift to take them to the final staging areas or to load on the transport truck. Someone drives them.

You’re correct. I’ve been to 2 auto plants and vehicles are driven in and around the plant for one reason or another. They do not pick vehicles up with a fork lift to take them to the final staging areas or to load on the transport truck. Someone drives them.

This is correct but in the OPs case he is getting the engine from the factory and not the vehicle.

My generator came with chonda oil on the side because if the barge goes down, less mess for the pelicans.
Plus they don't test much of what they ship over the pond.

Back