Modular + 40 wt = High Idle Starts - Load Sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am presently running Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 (CI-SL Delvac 1 formula) in my 96 Lincoln. This car has the Ford Modular 4.6 in it. This is the second time I have run a heavy/thick oil in it. Last time was German Castrol 0w-30 which isn't that much thinner since it almost makes the 40 weight cut.

At(cold)start-up the engine goes into a "high idle" state immediately upon turning the key. By this I mean that the RPM's are high enough to cause the car to "kick" hard into reverse, if I don't wait for the engine to warm up and the idle to drop to normal. For clarification, every car kicks in gear if the revs are too high. This is NOT a transmission issue at all. It has only happened with this current 5w-40 and with the previously mentioned GC 0w-30.

I am sharing this information with the board because with this being the second instance, I now consider this much more concrete evidence than the one time GC run.

Does anyone know if the Modular has a Load Sensor on the crankshaft? If it does, then I may have found the reason why 40 weight oil may cause this to happen? I came across this article, where someone references Ford Zetec engines are load sensor equipped, which causes over fueling of the engine when it senses drag:

"The Ford Zetec engine is well know in the industry for suffering similar problems and this is caused by the wrong grade engine oil being fitted . The engine has a load sensor on the crankshaft and the extra drag from a thick grade of oil fools it into thinking the engine is under more load than it actually is which then causes 'over fueling of the engine."

See post 11 here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280546

The gentleman works in the lubricant industry who is quoted above. Even though this is derived from a BMW forum, he is still speaking of a Ford product and the premise seems like it may explain my experience.
Note that this idle situation is worse the colder the temperature. Which of course means the thicker the oil at start-up. When it's about 75 degrees out it only revs high for maybe 20 seconds. At 50 degrees perhaps 30. Ran the GC in dead of winter and cold starts would take about 2 minutes to get the revs down to prevent trans kick upon engagement.

For comparison Mobil 1 0w-20 didn't make my car rev high, even below zero after sitting for 2 days.

It should be purely a temperature thing. Ive never heard of a load sensor on the crankshaft. My car (same engine) fires and goes straight to 1200RPM, everyday of the week, without fail.
I have 5W20, FWIW.

The Expedition hits 1,200RPM and stays there for about 15-20 seconds before idling down, no matter what is in the sump. 5w20 or 5w40.

My Lincoln does it, so did my Mustang. It is standard Ford cold start behaviour.

You are supposed to wait for it to idle down before putting it in gear.

That is interesting. My '06 F150 5.4l revs up on the first start of the day, even on a hot day (95F +). Ford calls it the "cold start strategy". I believe it is to get the catalyst hot quickly for emission purposes. I always use 5w20 so I don't believe it is related to the viscosity. Either way, you should let the engine rev down into the normal range before shifing into gear (transmission wear/damage). Mine takes about 15 seconds to settle down.

The easiest way to rule out other factors is to switch back to xW20 oil and see whether the idle problem is still there. if it is it could be anything and the oil weight switch simply coincidental...

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
The Expedition hits 1,200RPM and stays there for about 15-20 seconds before idling down, no matter what is in the sump. 5w20 or 5w40.

My Lincoln does it, so did my Mustang. It is standard Ford cold start behaviour.

You are supposed to wait for it to idle down before putting it in gear.

I do wait for it to idle down. It has only happened to me (shifting at high idle) perhaps twice with the GC and once last week with the 5w-40. The reason being the idle down sequence isn't as quick on the thicker grades and I shifted without paying attention. All times were when I first changed the oil too because I wasn't expecting a different warm up duration.

I don't know why it hasn't happened to you or anyone else. Could the 4.6 be different than the larger Modular in your Expedition in this sense?

Like I said before ice cold winter starts with 20 weight just go through the normal quick rev up drop down to normal cycle. I wish it were winter now because I would tape record the extreme difference. I mean in the cold you can really hear the engine revving high and for a long time. GC, when it was about 20F, wouldn't idle down for way over a minute. Revving way higher than the normal idle up start sequence. By comparison, that same week, under same temperature, Motorcraft 5w-20 took the car through the 15 - 20 second idle down sequence you mention.

I was really hoping I had struck upon the answer when I read that Load Sensor post. Like I said when it was just the GC vs a 20 weight run I felt less conclusive about it. But it has been back and forth between 20 and 40 weight twice now.

My 96 Grand Marquis also has the 4.6 and it goes to high idle for about 15-20 seconds at start up also,can't conferm idle rpm as i do not have a tach. but i have always ran 5-30 and last 2 oc's 5-20,as usual Motorcraft oil and filter.Have you checked as to a possible problem with the IAC valve although this normally causes rough idle not fast idle.

Not aware of any automaker with a "load sensor" on the crankshaft. A crankshaft "load sensor" effect may be the result of the engine management ecu's extensive programming. With the ecu measuring engine rpm's, at cold start it is "trying" to get the engine to that initial rpm by varying output to the IAC valve, injection timing and dwell, and ignition timing. If the oil is thicker, then it will take higher/different levels of certain outputs mentioned to achieve the same "desired" rpm for initial cold start. Perhaps the engine ecu is programmed to extend the time interval at this rpm when it uses these higher/different output levels to achieve this rpm. Make any sense to you?

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Not aware of any automaker with a "load sensor" on the crankshaft. A crankshaft "load sensor" effect may be the result of the engine management ecu's extensive programming. With the ecu measuring engine rpm's, at cold start it is "trying" to get the engine to that initial rpm by output to the IAC valve, injection timing and dwell, and ignition timing. If the oil is thicker, then it will take higher/different levels of certain outputs mentioned to achieve the same "desired" rpm for initial cold start. Perhaps the engine ecu is programmed to extend the time interval at this rpm when it uses these higher/different output levels to achieve this rpm. Make any sense to you?

I never heard of a load sensor on a crankshaft either until I read that post.

Yes, that does make sense to me. Perhaps the ECU is responsible for the "load sensor effect" when thicker viscosity is in use. In a way thicker oil itself is like sliding down the temperature scale. In other words at 50F my 5-40 may be similar in viscosity to 0w-20 at 25F. Just using those numbers randomly of course to make this point.

I'm wondering if your IAC is just sticking.

I can't see how either of our 5.4L's (2000 and 2002 respectively) would vary in any great degree from your 4.6L to cause this issue. We are running 0w40 in both of them right now with the same start strategy as I depicted in my original post.

Normally, the duration of the high idle is dependant upon ambient temperature. When it is colder outside, it will hold the idle longer until it is comfortable with the engine's behaviour to bring it down to regular idle. I get longer warm-up periods in the winter than I do in the spring/summer. Sometimes up to about 45 seconds if it is very cold. And that is the case with 5w40, 0w40 or 5w20.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
I am presently running Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 (CI-SL Delvac 1 formula) in my 96 Lincoln. This car has the Ford Modular 4.6 in it. This is the second time I have run a heavy/thick oil in it. Last time was German Castrol 0w-30 which isn't that much thinner since it almost makes the 40 weight cut.

Not sure why you'd run 5w-40 M1 TDT in an engine specced for 5w-20 or 5w-30, but it shouldn't matter.

That 5w-40 oil should be nearly as thin at cold temps as regular 5w-20, the viscosity difference shouldn't mean anything until the oil warms up. At that temp they're almost identical.

Normally, the duration of the high idle is dependant upon ambient temperature. When it is colder outside, it will hold the idle longer until it is comfortable with the engine's behaviour to bring it down to regular idle. I get longer warm-up periods in the winter than I do in the spring/summer. Sometimes up to about 45 seconds if it is very cold.

I'm glad to hear your car goes through a warm-up period up to 45 seconds when it's very cold. In mine when it's very cold, say below 20F, a 20 weight has never caused me to even come close to a 45 second warm-up period. If I had to guess it couldn't be more than 15 seconds. On the other hand when the GC was in there(almost a 40 weight)at 20F it was easily at least a 45 second warm-up or perhaps longer. I didn't time it so I can't be exact. The difference was dramatic nevertheless.
I have a feeling that your Mobil 1 0w-40 outflows the GC. It definitely outflows the TDT. Do you think it possible that your 45 second warm-up cycle might have been shorter with a 20 weight? If so, then we do sort of have consistent experience here. Just that my car may be more extreme about it than yours.

When you say that the warm-up period is ambient temperature dependent, do you happen to know how the engine management makes that observation? Is it actually measuring temperature or is is measuring flow/resistance/drag etc in some way?

Thanks by the way. This really helps me.

At 70 deg F the 5W-40 will be a good bit higher viscosity than a 5W-20. The 5W viscosity rating is based on a measurement of centistokes at something like -30 degrees F. So at room temp there will be a significant difference in the viscosity of these two oils.

Originally Posted By: TomB985

Not sure why you'd run 5w-40 M1 TDT in an engine specced for 5w-20 or 5w-30, but it shouldn't matter.

That 5w-40 oil should be nearly as thin at cold temps as regular 5w-20, the viscosity difference shouldn't mean anything until the oil warms up. At that temp they're almost identical.

It specs 5w30 or 10w30. It's a 1996.

Quote:

They will have vastly different parasitic pumping loads ALL the way from start up and throughout the warming process. They will appear more alike as they warm.

What they will have is similar extreme cold pumping characteristics. That is, they won't turn into Jello and NOT PUMP at the respective rating temps.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
At 70 deg F the 5W-40 will be a good bit higher viscosity than a 5W-20. The 5W viscosity rating is based on a measurement of centistokes at something like -30 degrees F. So at room temp there will be a significant difference in the viscosity of these two oils.

No doubt about that. In fact, until it gets way down in temperature the difference must be significant. At 20F Motorcraft 5w-20's viscosity is, without question, lower than GC 0w-30's at that same temp.

Here are some numbers for Delvac 1 5w-40(my TDT)that were posted here last year:
Originally Posted By: m37charlie
I have a technical article about CH4 Delvac 1 5W40. Unfortunately it is copy protected.
It has a graph. Viscosity is 50000 @-40C., 20000@-35C., ~10000@-30C., 3300@-25C.

Charlie

I'd love to see the numbers as temperature approaches say 0-10C. Does anyone know them?
I would like to see the same for any synthetic xW-20 weight. I suspect the difference between the two is pretty wide. Perhaps still more than the difference at full operating temperature.

Last edited:

Normally, the duration of the high idle is dependant upon ambient temperature. When it is colder outside, it will hold the idle longer until it is comfortable with the engine's behaviour to bring it down to regular idle. I get longer warm-up periods in the winter than I do in the spring/summer. Sometimes up to about 45 seconds if it is very cold.

I'm glad to hear your car goes through a warm-up period up to 45 seconds when it's very cold. In mine when it's very cold, say below 20F, a 20 weight has never caused me to even come close to a 45 second warm-up period. If I had to guess it couldn't be more than 15 seconds. On the other hand when the GC was in there(almost a 40 weight)at 20F it was easily at least a 45 second warm-up or perhaps longer. I didn't time it so I can't be exact. The difference was dramatic nevertheless.
I have a feeling that your Mobil 1 0w-40 outflows the GC. It definitely outflows the TDT. Do you think it possible that your 45 second warm-up cycle might have been shorter with a 20 weight? If so, then we do sort of have consistent experience here. Just that my car may be more extreme about it than yours.

When you say that the warm-up period is ambient temperature dependent, do you happen to know how the engine management makes that observation? Is it actually measuring temperature or is is measuring flow/resistance/drag etc in some way?

Thanks by the way. This really helps me.

I ran 5w20 the first winter we had it and noticed the exact same behaviour as with the 5w40. The 0w40 had the "best" winter start feeling. Though that was immediately after running 5w40, so it could have really felt the same as the 5w20. I'm not sure. I do know that the 0w40 has a lower pour point (-54C) than the 5w20 however.

The engine uses the ACT (Air Charge Temperature sensor) as well as the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature sensor) in conjunction with readings from the MAF (which reads barometric pressure as well) to determine how long it will extend the high idle for. The high idle in conjunction with cold start enrichment is what "normalizes" the engine on a cold start. This process obviously takes longer, the colder it gets.

I have observed this with all my SEFI Ford vehicles including my F-250. The summer/spring/fall warm-up cycle is much shorter in duration than what happens in the winter. And in the winter, it varies in length depending on how cold it is.

Originally Posted By: GUFB

CRANK/UNDERSPEED/RUN MODE SELECTION - GUF0
PEDD-PTOPE, FoMoCo, PROPRIETARY & CONFIDENTIAL
OVERVIEW
The EEC IV strategy operation is divided into three distinct strategy
segments. They are:
1) CRANK
2) UNDERSPEED
3) RUN
The CRANK mode is entered after a power-up initialization or after an engine
stall. CRANK employs a special strategy to aid engine starting. When the
CRANK logic first becomes false, the UNDERSPEED mode is entered. The
UNDERSPEED mode employs a special spark and fuel strategy in place of the
normal engine control strategy (RUN). After start, the RUN mode is entered
and the normal engine control strategy is executed. If the engine stumbles
during RUN mode, the UNDERSPEED mode can again be entered to help recover
from the stumble and prevent a stall.
The specific strategies are:

CRANK STRATEGY
Fuel Fire all injector ports simultaneously
every CRKPIP PIPS. See the Fuel strategy.
Spark Advance 10 degrees BTDC (on PIP signal)
Thermactor Air bypass
EGR disabled
Purge disabled
ISC FN884(TCSTRT)
Data Output Link execute strategy
A/C Clutch disabled
S.I.L. disabled
Thermactor Pump Clutch disabled

Fuel Fire all injector ports in the
same manner as in the RUN mode.
The multiplier FN387 is included
in the pulsewidth equation.
See the Fuel strategy.
Spark Advance 10 degrees BTDC (on PIP signal)
Other outputs are the same as the RUN mode.
RUN STRATEGY
The normal engine control strategy is described in the remainder of this
book.

DEFINITIONS
INPUTS
Registers:
- ECTCNT = Number of times ECT sensor input was read.
- N = Engine RPM.
- PIPCNT = Number of PIPs which have occurred.
- STALLN = Stall RPM: If the first RPM calculated is greater than this
value, assume there was a reinit, RPM.
- TSLPIP = Time since last PIP.
Bit Flags:
- CRKFLG = Engine Mode Flag. (1 = Crank Mode; 0 NOT= Crank Mode)
Calibration Constants:
- CRKPIP = Number of PIPs between injector outputs during Crank.
- FN387 = Fuelpw Multiplier versus ECT - Input = ECT, Output = Multiplier.
- FN884(TCSTRT) = ISC Duty Cycle in Crank, deg.
- NCNT = Minimum number of PIP necessary to exit CRANK Mode.
- NRUN = Minimum Engine Speed to exit CRANK Mode.
- NSTALL = Engine Stall speed to re-enter CRANK Mode.
- UNRPM = Underspeed Engine Speed, RPM.
- UNRPMH = Hysteresis term for UNDERSPEED Mode.
OUTPUTS
Registers:
- N = See inputs above.

Bit Flags:
- CRKFLG = See inputs above.
- FIRST_PIP = Indicates that first PIP has been received.
- UNDSP = Run/Underspeed Flag. (1 = Underspeed (or CRANK), 0 = Run)

FUEL CONTROL STRATEGY - OVERVIEW - GUE0
EFI BASE FUEL STRATEGY
FUEL CONTROL STRATEGY is divided into 2 mutually exclusive modes:
OPEN LOOP
CLOSED LOOP
OPEN LOOP MODE
During open loop operation, the computer calculates the injector fuel
pulsewidths required to provide a pre-determined A/F ratio or lambda value.
The desired lambda values (LAMBSE1, LAMBSE2) can vary with engine operating
conditions and are calibration-dependent. During open loop, LAMBSE1 equals
LAMBSE2.

DEFINITIONS
INPUTS
Registers:
- ATMR1 = Time since start (time since exiting crank
mode), sec.
- ATMR2 = Time since ECT became greater than
TEMPFB, sec.
- CTNTMR = Closed throttle neutral timer.
- EGOSSS = EGO switches since start.
- HLTMR = High Load Timer, sec.
- LOAD = Universal Load parameter, unitless.
= Aircharge normalized to Sea Level.
- NACTMR = Time not at Closed throttle, sec.
- PERLOAD = Percent of Peak LOAD at any altitude, unitless.
- PPCTR = PIP counter for Fuel Ramp, unitless.
- TCSTRT = Temperature of ECT at Cold Startup, deg F.
Bit Flags:
- CHKAIR = Thermactor Status flag.
- HSPFLG = High Speed Mode Flag; 1 = High speed alternate
Fuel/Spark.
- MFAFLG = Managed Fuel/Air State flag.
- NDSFLG = Flag = 0 if transmission in neutral; = 1 if in gear.
- WMEGOL = WRMEGO was 1 at least once.
- WRMEGO = EGO sensor should be warm flag.
Calibration Constants:
- CTHIGH = Hot Start Minimum Engine coolant Temperature,
Deg F.
- CTLOW = Cold Start Maximum ECT, deg F.
- EGOCL1 = Number of EGO switches since start required
to set WRMEGO = 1.
- FN320A(ECT) = Upper PERLOAD Limit for Closed Loop fuel control,
unitless.

DEFINITIONS
INPUTS
Registers:
- APT = At Part Throttle. -1 = Closed throttle; 0 = Part
throttle; 1 = Wide Open throttle.
- ATMR1 = Time since start (time since exiting crank mode), sec.
- LAMBSE2 = Desired open loop (or closed loop) equivalence ratio
for EGO-2 injectors. LAMBSE2 appears in the
fuel pulsewidth equation for EGO-2.
- LAMMUL = Multiplier which is used to prevent cold-engine
stalls following transmission engagement.
- MFAMUL = MFA table ramp-in Multiplier, unitless.
- MULTMR = Time since incrementing LAMMUL, sec.
- PERLOAD = Percent of peak LOAD at any altitude.
- TCSTRT = Temperature of ECT at Cold Start, deg F.
Bit Flags:
- DNDSUP = Drive Neutral select.
- HSPFLG = High speed mode flag; 1 = High Speed alternate fuel/spark.
- IDLFLG = Flag indicating transmission in Drive and at Idle.
- LDFLG = "Lugging" mode open loop flag.
- MFAFLG = Managed Fuel/Air State flag.
- NDSFLG = Flag = 0 if transmission in Neutral; = 1 if in
gear.
- NEUFLG = N/D transition occurred.
- NFLG = Neutral Idle Flag.
- OLFLG = Flag indicating Open loop if set = 1; Closed
loop if set = 0.
- WMEGOL = Flag set if WRMEGO set.
- WRMEGO = If set, EGO sensor should be warm and flag set to
1 if EGO sensor is switching; and reset to 0 if it
has cooled down. Its state is controlled by the
WRMEGO logic.
Calibration Constants:
- CTHIN = Maximum TCSTRT value to use NUMPR.
- CTLOW = Cold Start Maximum ECT, deg F.
- FN022B = Temperature normalizing function; used for table
lookup.
Input = FRCBFT *ACT + (1-FRCBFT) * ECT
--OR--
Input = FRCSFT * ACT + (1-FRCSFT) * ECT
- FN035(N) = Maximum LOAD at sea level (29.4 dry barometer,
100 deg. f) Input = N (RPM).
- FN072A = PERLOAD normalizing function; used for table lookup.
Input = PERLOAD and Output = Normalized perload.
- FN082 = Load normalizing function; generates table entry
point. Input = LOAD and Output = Normalized Load.
- FN083 = RPM normalizing function; generates table entry
point. Input = N and Output = Normalized N.
- FN300 = Multiplier as a function of ACT, modifies FN1305.
- FN301 = Closed Throttle Open Loop Fuel Multiplier as a
function of RPM.
- FN301N = Neutral Open Loop Fuel Multiplier as a
function of engine speed N.
- FN303 = WOT Fuel Multiplier as a function of engine speed N.
- FN308 = Sea level fuel multiplier, RPM.
- FN309 = Altitude lugging fuel multiplier, RPM.
- FN311 = MFA altitude multiplier, unitless.
- FN371 = Initial LAMMUL as a function of ECT. This is a Fuel
Multiplier to provide fuel compensation during Drive
Engagement.
- FN393F = Time between Lammul decrements - forward gear.
- FN396A = High Speed Fuel enrichment, mph.
- FN1306 = Startup Open Loop Fuel table = a 10 x 8 table of
lambda values as a function of [FRCSFT*ACT + (1
- FRCSFT)*ECT] and ATMR1. TABSFT is the Synonym
for this Table.
- FN022B = Temperature normalizing function (X-input).
FN018 = Time (ATMR1) normalizing function (Y-input).
- FN1307 = Base Open Loop Fuel table = a 10 x 8 table of lambda
values as a function of [FRCBFT*ACT + (1 - FRCBFT)*ECT]
and PERLOAD. TABBFT is the Synonym for this Table.
- FN022B = Temperature normalizing function (X-input).
FN072A = PERLOAD normalizing function (Y-input).
- FN1328 = Manage Fuel Air Fuel Table, 10 x 8 table of multipliers
as a function of engine speed N and LOAD.
- X-input = Normalizing function for N - FN070
Y-input = Normalizing function for PERLOAD - FN072A
- FRCBFT = Act fraction for FN1305 lookup.
- FRCSFT = ACT fraction for FN1306 lookup.
- LDEL = Minimum ECT to enable Lugging Open Loop, deg.F.
- LDEM = Maximum ECT to enable Lugging Open Loop, deg.F.
- LDLTM = Minimum time in Lugging Mode (High MAP low RPM)
before entering Lugging Open Loop, seconds.
- LDTM = Minimum time delay after start up to enable Lugging
Open Loop, seconds.
- LDMH = Minimum PERLOAD to enable Lugging Open Loop (near W.O.T.).
- LDMHH = Hysteresis for LDMH.
- MFARMP = MFAMUL Ramp increment, unitless.
- MFASW = Calibratible switch which, if set, indicates
Managed Fuel Air logic is being used.
- NUMPR = Open Loop Fuel multiplier.
- OLMCL = Open Loop Fuel Calibration multiplier.
- OLMTD1 = NUMPR Open Loop fuel multiplier time delay,
sec.
- PRLDSW = Switch which determines the formula for computing PERLOAD.
1 -> PERLOAD = LOAD
0 -> PERLOAD = LOAD/PEAK_LOAD
- TRLOAD = Transmission Load switch.
0 = Manual Transmission, no clutch or gerar switches,
forced neutral state (NDSFLG = 0).
1 = Manual Transmission, no clutch or gear switch.
2 = Manual Transmission, one clutch or gear switch.
3 = Manual Transmission, both clutch and gear switches.
4 = Auto Transmission, non-electronic, neutral drive switch.
5 = Auto Transmission, non-electronic, neutral pressure switch,
(AXOD).
6 = Auto Transmission, electronic, PRNDL sensor - park, reverse,
neutral, overdrive, manual 1, manual 2.

------------------------

- TCSTRT = Temperature of ECT at cold start, deg. F
- VECT3 = Minimum coolant temperature (engine on), deg. F
- VECT5 = Starting coolant temperature for warm_up counter, deg. F

FUEL STRATEGY - ADAPTIVE FUEL - GUE0
WARM_UP COUNTER LOGIC
WARM_UP = 0 -----------|
|
TCSTRT < VECT5 --------|
|AND ---| Set WARM_UP = 1
ECT > VECT3 -----------| | Set KWUCTR = KWUCTR + 1
| | Clip KWUCTR to 255
RUN MODE --------------|
Note: The above logic is actually done in Continuous Self Test.
KWUCTR < KWUCNT ---------------| "A" = FAEGCT
(First few warm_up cycles) | (Use fast learning rate)
|
| --- ELSE ---
|
KWUCTR >OR= KWUCNT ------------| "A" = ADEGCT
| (Use normal learning rate)
INPUTS/OUTPUTS
KWUCTR = KAM warm_up counter. Stores number of warm_ups in KAM. Reset to
zero if KAM is corrupted. (battery disconnect, etc.)
CALIBRATION CONSTANTS
FAEGCT = Fast Adaptive EGO count. Number of EGO switches required to permit
adaptive learning when KWUCTR < KWUCNT. Should be set to 0 to permit fast
adaptive learning for the first few warm_up cycles.
KWUCNT = Maximum mumber of warm_up cycles to use fast adaptive EGO count. It
should be set to approx. 3 to 5 warm_ups.

That's a SMALL excerpt from the EEC-IV strategy bible.

The last part details a cold start. As you can see it is very temperature dependant.

Art,
Not sure why you run 40wt. oil in your 4.6. Certainly won't help the engine to last longer. Will cost you a small percentage in fuel MPG, slighter harder on starter, takes oil a little longer to reach top end of engine.

That's a SMALL excerpt from the EEC-IV strategy bible.

LOL small huh. Wow. It's amazing.

It does have an entry that mentions a LOAD value. Seems like viscosity could impact that value or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back