Modem? Router?

dumping overpriced TV is a good move as most is crap for me, only football which is almost over + my beloved sirus 50's on 5! much more on line for less + i have shut down direct TV for 6 months when i had it for no charge in the past!! all depends on your priorities + $$$$. not very techie either but usually can get info ON-LINE as usual + only use my older smart phone to TALK as what phones were meant for + its OFF while DRIVING if its even with me!! TOO much technology + TOO much poor food + drink choice is making OBESITY the REAL PANDEMIC!!!
1610567431230.jpeg

dumping overpriced TV is a good move as most is crap for me, only football which is almost over + my beloved sirus 50's on 5! much more on line for less + i have shut down direct TV for 6 months when i had it for no charge in the past!! all depends on your priorities + $$$$. not very techie either but usually can get info ON-LINE as usual + only use my older smart phone to TALK as what phones were meant for + its OFF while DRIVING if its even with me!! TOO much technology + TOO much poor food + drink choice is making OBESITY the REAL PANDEMIC!!!
Are you okay ?

Is there are modem and/or router suggestion in there ? :oops:

I am a spectrum user. I used to supply my own modem. Even though it was supposedly compatible per spectrum, I had more and more issues with it as time went on. As mentioned, when calling for service, as soon as they knew it was not a spectrum supplied modem, I was on my own.

I did have a service call this spring and they did supply the new modem on the spot.

I did have a service call this spring and they did supply the new modem on the spot.
Did they charge you, or try and charge you, for the service call ? That's what they kept threatening to me because they were convinced it must be my modem to blame. My modem is an SB6183... This is one of the modems they used to, and may still, provide to customers !

No charge on my service call - there were issues with the line and connection to the house and box. The tech said nothing about the old modem - and offered up the replacement unprompted.

Back