Model 12 Winchester--12 ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Started using it for trap instead of my normal Trap gun. Made in 1914. Pretty good jshape and the value wasn't destroyed b y putting a permanent recoil pad on it. I love the gun.
1_IMG_3575.JPG

That piece of wood and the rug look just as old.
Nice!

How in the heck can you read that small print, there in that book?
Is that one of those windup clocks on the right?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Al, you must be one of those bitter gun totin',Bible hugging knuckle draggers. Yeah, pleased to meet you.

In the interest of full discloser its the wife's. But I am a gun totin', nuckle dragger.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That piece of wood and the rug look just as old.
Nice!
How in the heck can you read that small print, there in that book?
Is that one of those windup clocks on the right?

Probably just as old lol. Clock is 20's Westclox.

Had a similar Model 12 as a young man. It was a field grade made in the 40's I was told. Wish I still had it.

These and Remington Model 31's were some of the smoothest pumps ever made. They just have a feeling of quality about them missing in the more economical to produce pumps that replaced them.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
These and Remington Model 31's were some of the smoothest pumps ever made. They just have a feeling of quality about them missing in the more economical to produce pumps that replaced them.

I have my Dad's 20 ga. modified chock. It was made in 1948 and is only slightly used. It would be worth serious dollars had it hadn't been fitted with a recoil pad. Doesn't matter though. I still hunt with the gun once and a while. Brings back serious memories for me.

The receiver of these guns were milled out of a single block of steel and the parts hand fitted. Like you said soooo smooth. Its the watch built like a tank. As mentioned, its not the "finest" shotgun ever made but its up there.

Last edited:
When I was growing up, the Model 12 was probably the most popular gun used in Trap shooting. Balance, feel, and durability was of utmost importance and the Model 12 fit the bill. Many others chose the Superposed, but they cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back