Mobile One for 1965 mustang

Car, I purchased awhile back is due for an oil change. Previous owner ran 20-50 Mobile One, which I believe they no longer make. Motor has about 15,000 miles on the build. I road race the car at a track close to me in high desert of Ca. Temps are 30-50 winter and 85-115 summer. What oil can you recommend?
Thank you.
Mike

Mobil might've made 20w-50 before but now it's 15w-50 which i'd use. Could you post some pics of the car, would really love to see it. You can post them easier with your phone by login in on your browser and attaching them.

Mobil might've made 20w-50 before but now it's 15w-50 which i'd use. Could you post some pics of the car, would really love to see it. You can post them easier with your phone by login in on your browser and attaching them.
If they made a 20w50 it had to be past 20 yrs, I can only remember the 15w50 and I started driving mid-late 90's.

20/50 M1 is Mobil 1 "V-Twin" it is popular with the P car crowd in air cooled stuff in particular.

The aforementioned 15/50 should be good too and cheaper.
I wasn't counting that as it's oil specific to motorcycles and most likely not used in a car.

Thank you for your quick response. I'm having a hard time finding 15-50, except on Amazon. Thoughts?
Thank you for your time.
Mike

What do we know about this "build"? One presumes it is a Windsor - for a car that's road raced does it have a big cam, heavy springs? Flat Tappet? Bearings?
Yup, those are my questions.
- Stock clearances?
- Stock oil pump? (the SBF doesn't have oiling deficiency issues, the stock pump is more than adequate)
- Roller cam conversion or flat tappet?

I would continue to run M1 15W-50. Does your car have an oil pressure gauge? Could maybe back off to M1 0W-40 or similar.

I’ve used both the M-1 15w-50 and the M-1 0w-40 in my classic Mustangs, Shelby’s , Galaxies, etc . Either one would be a fine choice for the OP’s intended use.

PS: put some mechanical AutoMeter gauges on that car. You don’t want to be relying on the stock gauges.

74CBF3F7-AE76-4E4C-A05E-0BAD462F7AC3.jpeg

Ford small blocks (289, 302, 351W) have an excellent oiling system. Unless the engine was built with loose clearances, or a big flat tappet cam with high valve spring pressures, then it would probably run great with xW-30 or xW-40. I would put a mechanical gauge on it to verify the hot and cold pressures.

The M1 Euro 0W40 gets my vote. I run it in my 351W in my truck that has a lot of miles on it (unknown), and it does great with it, also put it in my built 390 in one of my Galaxie's that has looser than stock bearing clearances and it does just fine as well. Both engines have Comp Cams xtreme energy cams in them with decently stiff valve springs and they've both been problem free. I've been very impressed with that oil in every engine I have put it in so far, even my 47-year-old push mower does better with it than any oil I've run in it in the past 20 years I've been using it.

Back