Mobil1 ATF Dex III Dscontinued?

I have 295,000 Original Miles on my year 2000 4L80E Chevy Trans, and it has had Mobil 1 ATF in it since 30k, Getting prepared to change it at 300K and i see that it is discontuned..... What is my Alternative? Valve maxlife? even though its not as thick? What would you guys do?

Valvoline Dex/Merc is one of the closest to the original Dexron III you can get.

With that being said Dexron VI is backwards compatible to Dexron III and is much superior in every way. O'reillys Dexron VI is priced good.

If it were my vehicle and the transmission is healthy I would go with an officially licensed Dexron VI. And if thickness worries you, Maxlife is even thinner.

I have 295,000 Original Miles on my year 2000 4L80E Chevy Trans, and it has had Mobil 1 ATF in it since 30k, Getting prepared to change it at 300K and i see that it is discontuned..... What is my Alternative? Valve maxlife? even though its not as thick? What would you guys do?
Maxlife is a good alternative, and any Dexron-VI fluid which is the supercession from -III. What viscosity the fluid starts out with is pretty irrelevant, what matters is where it ends up after a short period of time. Dexron-VI has superior viscosity retention versus a previous license.

If the regular visc Mobil1 ATF has worked for you, just order some online. Pretty sure various autopart stores still have it listed, along with walmart/summit.... Around here, Autozone, Napa, Oreilly still have plenty enough.

Autozone clearanced it out so I grabbed a few quarts, along with some Royalpurple. Not in stock doesn't mean discontinued.

RoyalPurple recently switch from regular visc to low visc.

Redline D4, Torco HiVis, and Amsoil ATF are some good alternative choices.

And, don't forget Pennzoil:

If the regular visc Mobil1 ATF has worked for you, just order some online. Pretty sure various autopart stores still have it listed, along with walmart/summit.... Around here, Autozone, Napa, Oreilly still have plenty enough.

Autozone clearanced it out so I grabbed a few quarts, along with some Royalpurple. Not in stock doesn't mean discontinued.

RoyalPurple recently switch from regular visc to low visc.

Redline D4, Torco HiVis, and Amsoil ATF are some good alternative choices.

And, don't forget Pennzoil:
yeah, I just noticed Summit has it ...Thanks

Castrol Transmax Import would be a fine substitute. It's a full synthetic Dexron III-h type fluid. Also, anything with an Allison TES-295 spec would be a good equivalent.
I cannot find any supporting information from the Castrol website or on the bottle itself that Transmax import is a full synthetic. The latest PDS states it's a synthetic technology formulation, but it appears to be very carefully worded to make sure no implication of the product being fully synthetic is made unlike Castrol Transmax Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid which boasts about the fact it is fully synthetic in the naming of the product alone.

Back