Mobil1 5W-20 AP 9400 miles 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L @ 90k miles

Unremarkable sample from our 2017 Pilot. This was 5W-20 Mobil1 Annual Protection (bought on clearance a few years ago at AutoZone) with a Fram XG7317. Use was mostly highway miles along the Gulf Coast.

1678322697866.jpg

What did the OLM suggest? I service a few of these and the OLM rarely allows an interval past 5K.

What did the OLM suggest? I service a few of these and the OLM rarely allows an interval past 5K.
Usually it goes 7000-8000 miles on the OLM. But I just use the OLM to track other service, like Rear Diff and Transfer Case. I have historically done oil at 5000 miles, filters at 10,000 miles and an ATF drain/fill every 10,000 miles. But based on this (if driving patterns stay similar) I may go to a service every 10k miles - Oil, Filter, ATF.

Ah a BR native! Good to see some other locals on here. I'm from Metairie, moved to Avoyelles after college (ULL)
Not BR native, but have two boys at LSU right now (one graduating in May with his Chemical Engineering degree). Lived in Destrehan until they both finished high school.

Thanks for posting your UOA.
I picked up some of that Mobil1 AP at the AZ Clearance back then and looking at your UOA I'm glad I did.
A TBN of over 4 @ 9400 miles is impressive and seems it could go much further.
I'll use it in my daughters Mazda Cx-30 and my Ford Escape and I won't be nervous going 7 or 8K (my limit even though I feel it could go longer).

Does your 2017 Pilot have GDI?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your UOA.
I picked up some of that Mobil1 AP at the AZ Clearance back then and looking at your UOA I'm glad I did.
A TBN of over 4 @ 9400 miles is impressive and seems it could go much further.
I'll use it in my daughters Mazda Cx-30 and my Ford Escape and I won't be nervous going 7 or 8K (my limit even though I feel it could go longer).

Does your 2017 Pilot have GDI?
Yes, this version of Honda 3.5 V6 is GDI.

Nice results. Highway miles are always good, for both the engine and oil. My OLM dropped to 94% after 400 miles due to numerous short trips (<2 miles).

Back