Mobil delvac MX F3 15W40

Anyone have any experience with Mobil Delvac MX F3 15W40? I was in Rural King today and they had a pallet of 5 gallon pails of it on sale. Its CI-4+ rated. Thought about picking up a couple pails for the older diesels but I have never heard of this particular product line from Mobil.

Anyone have any experience with Mobil Delvac MX F3 15W40? I was in Rural King today and they had a pallet of 5 gallon pails of it on sale. Its CI-4+ rated. Thought about picking up a couple pails for the older diesels but I have never heard of this particular product line from Mobil.

Its possible someone screwed up somewhere.. not sure what 'on sale' means but at this website its $85 for 4 gallons

and its only F2 whatever that means.

Looks to be industrial/commercial usage.

How much is RK asking for it? Delvac MX is common overseas, but usually only available from Mobil dealers (in my limited experience). I’m sure it’s at least comparable to Delvac 1300.

i used it a few times in my early 04 cummins, the best UOA i've ever had was with that oil. but it was only marginally better than all other run of the mill dino oils that's on sale. i ran it for 12K miles, most oild i only do 10K. Fine oil.
if i could acquire it at a better price i'd buy it. the only place i can get it is from a distributor for 26$ gallon.
wasn't worth that to me.

B

It is a high TBN, high antiwear oil with CI4+ rating. Great for older engines.

I think it’s what the old Cat DEO used to be. I run it in my pre-emission tractor. The F2 that is.

How much is RK asking for it? Delvac MX is common overseas, but usually only available from Mobil dealers (in my limited experience). I’m sure it’s at least comparable to Delvac 1300.

Rural King or both them near me have it in 5gal pail for $39.98 so doesn’t seem too bad.

fully stocked too

Looks like Rural King is getting rid of this, it's cheap and not in stock anywhere
1623884988976.jpg

I was at my Rural King this Saturday and they had two pallets of this stuff left. Price is what you linked 😊
Neat, I don't have a pre 2007 diesel vehicle or agricultural equipment to make use of it but nice to see there's a deal waiting out there for someone, the only thing I could use this in would be a mower and that'd take 40 years to use all of it. Since this seems to be going away are there any more CI-4+ oils commonly available out there or is this pretty much the death of high phos diesel oil.

There’s several boutique mfgs of what look like really good CI4+ 15W40s. Blue Ram in Canada, Texas Refinery Corp (TRC), and at least 2 others that I’ve run into.
I can still order Mobil Delvac 1 SHC 5W40 from my local distributor with TBN 16, ash 1.9%, 1400ppm Zn, 1280 P. But not CI4+, it’s MB228.5.
The US engine mfgs don’t like ash>1.5%.
$38/gal last batch, only in 5 gal jugs at least in US.
I can run OCIs of 25-50k miles with it if I drive that much (like last little trip across Canada and Eurasia to Mongolia and back).

I would buy that for sure! I got the Mobil 1300 Super from Sams Club for $28 for a case of 4 gallons, thats $1.75 a gallon I bought 20 gallons, considering I run it in my old motorcycle and it holds barely more than 2 quarts, if I change my oil every 3000 miles Ill get over 100,000 before I run out!

Back