Mobil Delvac Extreme 15W40

I have 3 John Deere tractors, and a 15kw generator with a Kubota diesel. The biggest engine in my operation is 45hp. All are diesels. My engines typically run less than 200 hours per year, but alot of it is heavy use, such as brush hogging in the Oklahoma heat. I do a full service on my equipment every year. Has anyone ever used the Mobil Delvac Extreme? It a full synthetic, and meets my engine manufacturers requirements. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
If Mobil made it in 5-40 I would run it in a heartbeat. Ran it in my 18’ Ram 2500 Cummins and the engine was the smoothest and quietest on it. Can’t or not supposed to use it in my 22’ though.

If Mobil made it in 5-40 I would run it in a heartbeat. Ran it in my 18’ Ram 2500 Cummins and the engine was the smoothest and quietest on it. Can’t or not supposed to use it in my 22’ though.

You absolutely can use it in a 22

I have it in a Ford 4110 tractor, Walmart had it on sale awhile back and really the price wasn't much different compared to the Chevron Delo which is a blend. Over the last few years all of the Walmart stores in my area have changed significantly with the diesel oil they keep stocked on the shelves, you cannot even find Delo xle 10w30 anymore, lucky to find their 5w40 but they almost always have the conventional Delo 15w40 in stock which is a lot cheaper but still a very good oil in it's own right. If it really gets cold in the winter the synthetic really does help a lot, I've found that even a blend is way better over conventional.

I’m wanting to go to the Mobil 1 Delvac ESP for my next OCI. Currently running R T6 but only have a little over 3K on the oil and 5K on the truck.

I’m wanting to go to the Mobil 1 Delvac ESP for my next OCI. Currently running R T6 but only have a little over 3K on the oil and 5K on the truck.
the link goes to a different listing than it shows on the post, but that is the answer to your question. I have never used it. I have used extensively napa 5w40 and valvoline 5w40

Strange to see MobilGard when it’s Mobil Delvac 1 ESP
MobilGard is typically an extremely high TBN lube for ships running low grade marine fuels - Delvac 1 ESP for low sulphur road fuel …
D1 is a great oil in any case … along with D1 gear lubes …

I used it in my Kubota zero turn just because it was warranty compliant.

When warranty isn’t a concern, I plan on using Rotella T6, which is also a synthetic and cheaper.

Back