Mobil Delvac Extreme 15W-40 CK4

What kind of base oils does HPL use? I looked at the PDS and most of the FP and PP numbers aren't very impressive. Generally the FP and PP aren't meaningful however it is an indicator of base oil quality, specifically the presence of PAO. I'm not seeing that.

@High Performance Lubricants

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want a majority PAO base oil? PAO has lower solubility and lower additive response compared to a quality group III. For a street driven vehicle, I'd rather have a group III base oil over PAO.

Anyone use this? Label claims double OEM recommendation. Never seen that before. Mobil-Exxon impresses me.

What kind of base oils does HPL use? I looked at the PDS and most of the FP and PP numbers aren't very impressive. Generally the FP and PP aren't meaningful however it is an indicator of base oil quality, specifically the presence of PAO. I'm not seeing that.

@High Performance Lubricants
We are actually pretty unique in that you will not find many companies that start with Group III and go up from there. We also use some pretty robust chemistry which hurts cold temperature performance. In some cases we will have to use more PAO than a competing product due to this. Many areas of the country don’t need the pour points that the added cost of the PAO would bring to the table. We do make cold climate products that do well for that purpose. We will design our products to work well in their intended use. It helps to consider what it does vs what it is.

David

Back