Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W40.. useable? deal at $9/gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local store has a rebate deal for $9.99 for a Jug of the stuff but I see it says "diesel" .... anything special about it that doesn't meet the needs or would be harmful (extra deposits?) to an oil burning 2.4L Toyota engine which has a steady diet of gasoline motor oil SN 5W-20? LOL

Here's the ad.. see page 11

Theisen's Ad for Delvac 1

Don't use it! Buy it all up, and send it to me for proper disposal.
wink.gif

D1 is a dual rated HDEO and is fine for SI applications.
This oil would be fine for your Toy and might clean up any existing deposits while certainly not creating any additional ones.
The heavier grade might reduce consumption as compared to a 5W-20.
Worth a try.
I got a similar deal on D1 last year by stacking store deals with the MIR.
Just remember that a jug of D1 or any other HDEO is four quarts, not five as is the case with PCMOs.

Wish one of those stores existed in my area, that 5 gallon bucket looks like a heck of a deal for Delvac 1 ESP ($10.00 a gallon).

Originally Posted By: Garak
Don't use it! Buy it all up, and send it to me for proper disposal.
wink.gif

What I was thinking. It's a bit thick for an engine that calls for 5w-20.

NAPA has a -$10 off any $20 purchase in store coupon, then NAPA have D1 @$21.99 then the EOM MIR gets you to $2.25 a qt.

cheers.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
NAPA has a -$10 off any $20 purchase in store coupon, then NAPA have D1 @$21.99 then the EOM MIR gets you to $2.25 a qt.

cheers.

And the 5W-40 has worked ok for you? Any prblems at hot temps with drain back rate?

Originally Posted By: dblshock

cheers.

Can you point me to finding the $10 coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back