Mobil claims sludge removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim you haven't answered the question, where does Amsoil state in their warranty that the oil is warranted for 25,000 normal / 15,000 severe . The phrase { up to } has been left out in your postings. Slight difference
shocked.gif

Steve, the Amsoil lubricants warranty covers all of their lubricants. It would get a bit wordy if they included all of the mileage verbage for each of their 70 plus lubricants and thousands of applications. That is why in the first sentence of the warranty they say to read and follow the product intervals for warranty coverage as stated in the product data bulletins and labels.

For example the front of the bottle of Amsoil's 5W30 says "guaranteed for up to 25,000 miles or one year. See back label for details".

The back label goes on to say "Normal Service - up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, in personal vehicles not operating under Sever Service. Severe Service - Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes firs, defined as turbo/supercharged engines, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive idling, first and subsequent use in vehicles with over 100,000 miles, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles, frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition driving. Engines with modified operating conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. For all other applications, follow standard OEM service intervals. Replace Amsoil Ea oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles (other brands at standard intervals). Check oil frequently to maintain proper fill levels."
Hope this helps.

Steve as far as the "up to" you must have overlooked it in this post.
Quote:

Ahh, but Mobil1 is not warranted for extended oil changes and Amsoil is for up to 25,000 miles. So the cost per mile is much less... And Preferred Customer price is $5.40 a quart by the case of 12 quarts.

steve, tim has not ever had to deal with amsoil and their warr. like others that have been on here, he'll find out later.

I would like to say that oils do not swell seals. also, if you change your oil, you wont have sludged. now if you want to clean your engine, then from what I have seen, alot of people use auto rx. it will stop certain leaks. they also state that it is best to use certain oils with this product.

no oil, and I mean no oil will trash and engine. if it is oil, it lubricates and that is what an engine needs. especially if it has the proper api seal that your engine calls for. now if you use an additive, you can trash that oil or additive with that oil. that in turn can hurt your engine, maybe.

seals can be cleaned. but once they have harden by the dirt around them they don't come back to life like they were before. take the valve steam seal, you can clean them but they can and do get hard after awhile of being under the dirt. you can get them to rejuve a little but better off replacing them. the auto rx will seal the leaks to some degree. the neutra does not. it will rejuve a little on the seals but thats all.

amsoil is a good oil, but you should know about oil and not just go off of claims put on by that oil company. mobil is good also but like some say, it wont do every thing it claims to do.

I use schaeffers as I found they offer the best td sheets that is offered and don't hide anything. since being in biz since the 1830's I would think they know what they are doing.

this is a pic of the cleanout I use.
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/41943ca087.gif
here is the link if the pic doesn't work
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?41943ca087.gif

that combo conditions seals as well as cleans.

Any synthetic that has a significant percentage of organic ester basestock will gradually dissolve sludge deposits and put them into solution. However in my experience the esters in ARX are much more concentrated and will clean more in 2000 miles than a full synthetic will in 10,000 miles.

Tim what I am trying to get you to understand that Amsoil doesn't warrant for 25,000 miles yet in some posts you are inferring that they do. Which is misleading those who do not know.

Steve, Amsoil has warranted 25,000 normal mile/1 year motor oil changes for 35 years. What don't you understand? Actually, they warranty longer than that if you use UOA's and the oil is recommended for longer use. If you don't believe me, the written warranty, the info on the bottles and the tech data sheets, and their website, just call the Amsoil technical support line at (715) 399-TECH .

Originally Posted By: TeeDub
Any synthetic that has a significant percentage of organic ester basestock will gradually dissolve sludge deposits and put them into solution. However in my experience the esters in ARX are much more concentrated and will clean more in 2000 miles than a full synthetic will in 10,000 miles.

Hah what propaganda! ! I bet he was on franks payroll.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: GMorg
I came across this info over the weekend and thought that I should pop-in to share. Mobil is claiming (or implying) that their High Mileage oils will clean dirty engines.

Quote from Mobil Clean High Mileage FAQ :

"if you believe your engine may have sludge through less-than-adequate maintenance practices, Mobil 1 High Mileage may be the more suitable selection. Mobil 1 High Mileage helps reduce the sludge that other oils can leave behind which can result in extended engine life. For severe cases where sludge and other heavy deposits are present, shorter oil change intervals of 3,000 miles are recommended as cleanup proceeds. "

Quote from Mobil1 High Mileage 10W30 :

"Mobil 1 High Mileage is designed especially for engines where conventional oil has been used, and where these conditions have been experienced:

* Severe Service
* Extended Oil Drains
* Poor Maintenance
* Multiple Owners "

Quote from Mobil1 High Mileage 10W40 :

"Reduces the sludge and deposits conventional oils can leave behind"

Here's what I got to say about that.

Max Life, gangstas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back