Mobil 1Truck&SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTH

Where are you guys buying your Mobil 1 5w40 I've been looking at walmart but they never have it in the 5 quart jugs. I've been running Royal Purple but I want to get it out of my Duramax since it has been colder than heck in Michigan lately and don't like the 15W40 for the cold starts.

Same here. I live between Vassar and Mayville in michigan. That in Tuscola county. By the thumb. We have seen temps in the single digits this year. One morning my thermomitor said three below. I have a little VW diesel. A 1984 Rabbit L with the 1.6litre IDI 8V SOHC. I had mobil 1 5W-40 T&S in it earlier this year. I found the five quart jugs in the flint walmart on cirunu road. I used it the oil service before last. I didnt get to flint to get it the last oil change so I just put mobil delvac 1300 super 15W-40 in it the last oil service. Since I had it on the shelve. It works good, real good. It even did good on those single digit days. I have about 2,750 on this oil service right now. I will be dumping it tommorrow. I have some mobil clean 5000 5W-30 in the garage that is CF rated so I will be dumping it in for a short oil service. I will be dumping it at about 1,500 or so. Then I will dump in mobil T&S 5W-40 in if I get some by then. If I don't have any on hand I will dump in mobil 1 0W-40 in. I also have a 2005 Kubota RTV900 with 550 hours on it. I bought it as a demo with 20'ish hours on it. The same day the dealer delivered it to my house I drained the crank and mobil 1 0W-40 in it. At the hundred hour mark I drained everything and changed filters. And its been mobil 1 0W-40 since. Haven't had any problems to speek of. And a hydraulic relief valve go bad at 437.6 hours in the transmission. Had both relief valves replaced under warrenty. I use OEM Kubota hydro filters, a wix engine oil filter, and super tech universal transmission hydraulic fluid. Not complants. I have just enough ST fluid left for the six hundred hour service. Then I will start using kubota udt maybe.

You might be out of luck finding T&SUV in 5 qt jugs at Wal Mart. From what I understand, even though the people responsible for doing the ordering at various Wal Marts have put in requests for more 5 qt jugs, Mobil isn't shipping any. You should be able to buy T&SUV in quarts though.

I got the last jugs from the 3 Wal Mart stores in my area, and now I've got a total of 20 jugs sitting in the basement : )

btw.....there are lot's of good 5-40 oils out there.

JTH
Stocks of M1T&SUV in either quarts or 5Gal jugs have dried up around here (upstate NY). However, www.AVLube still lists quarts of M1 T&SUV and gallons of Delvac-1 (= to T&SUV). If you prefer to buy local another option for your Duramax would be Rotella Syn 5w40 (GroupIII). I used it for a while in my LB7 Duramax with good results before switching to D1/M1T&SUV. The Wal-Marts aound here carry the Rotella. I'll probably switch to the Rotella 5w40 if my M1T&SUV stash depletes before it becomes available again locally.
smile.gif

Check the price of Schaeffer synthetic #9000 5W-40 delivered. It might be a bargain. I know of truckers in Montana that are getting 60,000-63,000 miles between oil changes and good lab reports.

Ken

I just found five jugs M1 Truck & SUV this morning at the local Wally. Rang up $20.47 so I cleaned them out. They had a bit of dust on them, but there was no extra charge for it!
cheers.gif

That's good for about two oil changes on a Cummins
frown.gif

I mentioned this before, hopefully I will not raise the ire of moderators...
1. Mobil 1 T&SUV has sporatic distribution
2. Walmarts in rural areas tend to have plenty, and urban ones have none in stock
3. You get the same oil with Mobil DELVAC 1, which is available from several vendors, even mailorder. I once got it from AVLUBE.

i contacted mobil 1 about the lack of availablity of 5w-40 truck and suv oil two weeks ago. they said due to hurricane katrina, they had to allocate their stock/resources elsewhere. they also said walmart should be receiving their shipments in feb or march.

Mobil 1 truck and suv is being relabeled for "diesel trucks" yet ok for gas engines, per Mobil. Therefore supply chain may be simply disrupted to allow for change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back