Mobil 1 vs Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to give up on free web photo hosting sites.

Here's the url, maybe that will work for more than 4hrs.
confused.gif

CRX valve train

[ May 12, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: satterfi ]

what is really interesting to see is a motor run on propane I have seen alot of motors with 20,000+ hours and they are like new "almost" I think the gasoline is the major cause of the varnish .

steve I have not worked on propane but I did have the opertunity to do some early hydrogen work. We used the same fuel metering setup as used on propane for the most part. We installed bronze/berillium guids one piece SS valves and moly and SS rings. I am going to geuss tha the oil on your truck always looked clean!!!

I've heard reports of M1 not leaving anything behind in an engine with nearly 200k miles (used M1 from the start) and when torn apart, the crosshatching on the cylinder walls were still visible and the rotating parts looked new. This was on a Ford 4.6L SOHC V8

quote:

I've heard reports of M1 not leaving anything behind in an engine with nearly 200k miles (used M1 from the start) and when torn apart, the crosshatching on the cylinder walls were still visible and the rotating parts looked new. This was on a Ford 4.6L SOHC V8

Probably is true. Depends on the engine though, I would think. It's really nit picking at this point when it comes down to the top brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back