Mobil 1 V Twin 20W50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this oil for sale in Canada. I am happy with what I am using now but a while ago when I was on the hunt for Mobil 1 the only thing I could find was 5/10W30, 15W50 and ATF at Walmart or Canadian Tire. I then found a guy in Ontario that sold it out of his home like an Amsoil dealer he had all the oil weights, gear oil, grease the whole works. I did buy a few things off of him but not the 20W50. I have since lost my invoice and cannot seem to find him on the net. He wanted $15 a quart (yeah all his stuff was in quarts and gallons so it was imported). Amsoil only retails for a suggested $10.05 and OEM Harley 20W50 Petroleum oil is anywhere from $4.05 to $4.95 in this province. Is this guy crazy or what? His other oils were only a buck or so more than the major chain outlets Mobil 1 prices. Gears oil and grease was about the same as Amsoil retail. So has anyone seen this stuff for sale in Canada and how much was it at retail?

Well I finally found my invoice and other info on the Mobil 1 guy in Ontario, Canada. I don't feel I'm advertising him because this is not his site any more but it used to be www.mobil1.ca . This is now a corporate Exxon/Mobil site. I will call him sometime to see if he is still selling Mobil 1 like George at avlube does. His prices in the summer of 2002 were 6.55 for 0w30/5w30/10w30/15w50, 7.45 for 0w40, 8.30 for ATF, 11.75 for 75w90, 10.95 for grease, 14.95 for 10w40 and 20w50 bike oils, and 3.77 for pints of 2 cycle. All prices are Canadian $( $1 US equals $1.60 CDN). He aparantly has lost his site to the company, wich is usually the case if you have a website name that is the same as some company or person that should have the rights. A guy in Canada had a bunch of sites like harleydavidson.ca and a lot of big bike shop names .com and he lost them back to the people that had the name in real life because there was no reason for him to own the other peoples business names as websites other than extortion.

[ December 30, 2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: hk33ka1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back