Mobil 1 use means a clean engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
JDD,

These new members need to read my sig, which is actually a quote from farrarfan1.

"What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher."

A lot (not all) of the new members are not educating themselves. Part of educating is listening and reading, which is NOT happening based on the [censored] statements they throw around as fact.

As Bill indicated, the post whores would be better served reading this board and absorbing the information rather than racking up hundreds of useless posts per week.

I find your post offensive, arrogant, and ignorant. The question about M1 keeping engines clean is a fair one and an insult to ZZMan.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
JDD,

These new members need to read my sig, which is actually a quote from farrarfan1.

"What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher."

A lot (not all) of the new members are not educating themselves. Part of educating is listening and reading, which is NOT happening based on the [censored] statements they throw around as fact.

As Bill indicated, the post whores would be better served reading this board and absorbing the information rather than racking up hundreds of useless posts per week.

+1 JDD **** and post less

Hi,
ZZMan - I first became involved with Mobil's lubricants in the 1950s (MobilOil Special 10W-30 in Gold cans)

I quickly learned that Mobil's lubricants had an ability to keep engines clean - a way better that the World's "universal" Brand of the time - Castrol! This was even the case in engines that were well known to be sludgers and prone to heavy varnishing - from Euro, US and British Manufacturers - (no Japanese cars then)

In the late 1950s and early 1960s I had a unique insight into this with a working comparison of HD lubricants from Shell, Castrol, Caltex and Mobil. This was in a mix of heavily utilised heavy equipment. There was no doubt that in the most demanding of applications Mobil was the clear leader in engine cleanliness. This was over a number of engine families (CAT, Allis, Leyland etc etc)

This seems to have remained the same across their product lines over the years - with M1 carrying on the tradition better than most other comparative products

Last edited:
Thanks Doug!

Post whores? That is a tad much I would say.............

With all the Mobil 1 bashing going on I thought it was fair to ask about what appears to be a good trait of Mobil 1.

Last edited:
Hi,
ZZman - Yes it is easy to get tired of all of the M1 "knockers"

However, good products always prevail - and Mobil's range of lubricants has for much longer than most!. I expect Mercedes and Benz advertising from the 1920s and in the thirties that allude to Mobil's lubricants tells its own story too. Having Commercial relationships for longer than the age of most people Posting on BITOG indicates that the Technical support and expertise is well appreciated by all concerned

I use Mobil's products with great confidence as I have done for well over 50 years! And I have been very close to their Technical "heart" from time to time in that period as well, as I have with Mercedes Benz!

Just how many posts should us (newbies) read before we will be allowed to make a post?I am a consumer,I should have the right to critiqe product I have spent hundreds of $ on over the years,I say if anyone has a problem with that just remember its a free country, I've earned that right. As for calling people w****s and saying s**u, well you showed people your true colors,maybe you should take your own advice.Most of the people on BITOG are kind and informative, I thank you for sharing your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back