Magnesium: 464

Zinc: 1391

Water: Negative

Viscosity: 14.9

-

Part Count: >=5 31,050

>=15 205

ISO: 22/15

Compare to the rest of the Mobil synthetic lineup here.

Any Phosphorus, TBN or Boron numbers?
smile.gif

It may be this is the Delvac 1 basestock with a slightly different additive chemistry?

I'd also like to see the TBN and boron levels ....

Phosphorus should be about 80% of the zinc level, since these are chemically combined. So I'd estimate P @ 1100 ppm....

Eiron,
Thanks for the VOA. I'm yet to see this oil anywhere. The numbers suggest it is indeed Delvac 1. Good deal!

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
It may be this is the Delvac 1 basestock with a slightly different additive chemistry?

I'd also like to see the TBN and boron levels ....

Phosphorus should be about 80% of the zinc level, since these are chemically combined. So I'd estimate P @ 1100 ppm....

What's different about the additive chemistry?
Additive chemistry looks identical to that of
Delvac 1.

cheers.gif

Jae

This is Delvac 1. Compare the "Truck and SUV" to the Delvac 1 figures below:

Aluminum 1

Iron 2

Boron 154

Silicon 6

Sodium 1

Calcium 2107

Magnesium 421

Phosphorus 1090

Zinc 1216

TBN 14.8

[ March 13, 2004, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: SSDude ]

It turns out Cat Synthetic 5W-40 is also repackaged Delvac 1 (did Doug or Jerry already point this out?), so if you have access to this oil at a decent price, it might be a good deal.

Glad to help out! The lab I use for UOAs provides free VOAs as a service to their customers. They want you to know your "baseline" reading for whichever oil you're going to be using. Since I'm switching all my vehicles over to this oil (primarily due to protecting the one engine with a turbo), I was curious to know how similar it really was to Delvac 1.

I guess the real thanks goes to the fine folks over at H.O.Penn Machinery, since it's their lab providing the service.

cheers.gif

Today I sent a sample of the same Mobil 1 T&S 5W-40 to OAI/CTC. I was curious enough what the TBN is to send it in even though Eiron has already helped us out. I'll post the results as soon as I get them.

Why couldn't they have left D1 to deal with the diesel crowd, and left it as a petrol engine oil that also meets CF, or CF-4 ?

Life would be sooo much easier.

nicrfe1370,
Thanks for running another VOA of this stuff! The more info we have, the better decisions we can make.

cheers.gif

CLguy,
Did you find nicrfe1370's VOA over here? Also, Sarg posted yet another VOA here. (
cheers.gif
to Sarg, too!)

Shannow,
I don't understand. How would that make life easier? What would that provide that a CI-4/SL oil doesn't? Thanks for the help!

[ April 08, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Eiron ]

It seems some people on this site think M1 Truck&SUV is slightly differently formulated from D1. Is there still no consensus?

By the way, my 2.8 l Audi gas engine seems to love this oil. Consumption has been next to nil over the past 1200 miles, the engine sounds great and runs smoothly. I've recommended this oil to another Audi driver, and his motor has quieted down, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back