Mobil 1 shortage

OK, hold on, hold on, have you not seen Max Max?
Yeah, they do crazy things in Mad Max, what's the point of the Guitar truck? I guess everyone will want to hear their tunes at full volume during a chase scene.

Same here, except front hallway.

View attachment 79898
Looks like about 60 jugs. So 300 quarts ?? So thats a lot of years of oil unless your servicing a fleet of cars or trucks.
Is it worth if for you to have that much oil sitting in your home ??
Can i ask.. is that two years worth of oil changes ?? Five years worth ?? I think oil prices are going up with inflation. But is it worth having that much money just in oil ?? Is there a shelf with 40 or 50 oil filters as well ??

It might be 5 years or 10 years worth, but I never ran the numbers. What do you mean, is it worth having that much money just in oil? Paid like $30. Not exactly a lot of money.

Was in WM the other day looking for M1 0-40 none to be had.
Yeah I was short half a qt and had to top up with Castrol 0w40. My OCD doesn't like mixing. Hopefully it becomes available before my next oil change and I can stock up.
I started doing my father in law's 2 cargo vans and the sister in law so the father in law stocked up my garage with Pennzoil platinum and Castrol edge 5w30 plus several Fram ultras so I may be using them next time.

Yes, because if its been in the ground for millions of year, it's going to go bad in just a few years in the bottle.:confused:

Neither of those statements are true.
We really do not know how oil formed in the earths crust. Therefore don't say a theory is "false".

I happen to believe the theory that oil is a by product of microbes deep underground and we do not have a "finite' resource of oil. Oil/Crude is being made today.

Last edited by a moderator:
We really do not know how oil formed in the earths crust. Therefore don't say a theory is "false".

I happen to believe the theory that oil is a by product of microbes deep underground and we do not have a "finite' resource of oil. Oil/Crude is being made today.
Sorry that offended you.

What Mobil I our local Walmart has on the shelf ( 3 jugs) is $5.00 more than it was the last time I looked at what they had.
Yep, $30 for EP. PU is still $25, either other will raise prices or M1 will drop. It became most expensive oil in retail store, with some exceptions like RP.

Back