Mobil 1 High Mileage OCI advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to decide the OCI. I used to change around 4k in 6-7 months with Mobil Super Synthetic.

Trying to extend OCI this time with M1 HM. Driving style;

4 miles one way commute (30-50 mph), plus a few miles during afternoon for the lunch.

At least 3 times, one way 10 miles highway (60-75 mph). sometimes idling in traffic..I rarely go over 4-5k rpm. Usually max around 3000 rpm.

What would the ideal OCI??

Your driving style is exactly like mine. I took 3.7L Ford to 8300 miles per IOLM using Motorcraft semi-syn. UOA said it was no problem at all. So, at least that. Probably 10,000 would still be conservative.

We want to get a new CRV. I'm sure those have tiny oil filters. If I did Mobil 1 for 10k would it be safe to assume that I'd need to change the filter at least every 5k?

Originally Posted By: Ryan
We want to get a new CRV. I'm sure those have tiny oil filters. If I did Mobil 1 for 10k would it be safe to assume that I'd need to change the filter at least every 5k?

No a proper filter will do 10k. What is your filter? Honda Accord specifics every other filter change for that model anyways don't they? Check your manual.

Why not keep things simple and change the oil and filter every 5K due to the short trips?

Originally Posted By: CivicLX
I am trying to decide the OCI. I used to change around 4k in 6-7 months with Mobil Super Synthetic.

Trying to extend OCI this time with M1 HM. Driving style;

4 miles one way commute (30-50 mph), plus a few miles during afternoon for the lunch.

At least 3 times, one way 10 miles highway (60-75 mph). sometimes idling in traffic..I rarely go over 4-5k rpm. Usually max around 3000 rpm.

What would the ideal OCI??

Hard to say, get a uoa done and go from there.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Why not keep things simple and change the oil and filter every 5K due to the short trips?

I'm with this guy. Doing routine UOA's to eke out every last mile from an oil change isn't cost effective. Just change it every 5k and call it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back