Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 | 5,000 miles | 2022 Kia Soul with 25,000 miles

Those darn low budget oils from that banking investment company keep things interesting when comparing UOAs.

Enormous shear rate cushions are why there's recommendations to use thicker oils in these HyunKia engines.
Member Accent Abuser is the King Model on that. He may reach 300k on an engine that many never got beyond 80-90k, using 5w20s for way-way too long OCIs and never popping the hood to check the oil volume. Enormous shear rates with 5w20s signal premature death rates all over America''s junkyards.

I'm not grumpy. But it helps when thread starters tell us what engine they have. That sure helps to cut down on all the paragraphs.

I need more coffee?..... my atrial-afib says No Way Jose.

Last edited:
Those darn low budget oils from that banking investment company keep things interesting when comparing UOAs.

Enormous shear rate cushions are why there's recommendations to use thicker oils in these HyunKia engines.
Member Accent Abuser is the King Model on that. He may reach 300k on an engine that many never got beyond 80-90k, using 5w20s for way-way too long OCIs and never popping the hood to check the oil volume.

I'm not grumpy. But it helps when thread starters tell us what engine they have. That sure helps to cut down on all the paragraphs.

I need more coffee?..... my atrial-afib says No Way Jose.
Ah...that's the problem here and it totally justifies your weird and uncalled for diatribe...you could've just asked?

My bad, I'll do better in the hope that too little engine information won't trigger you next time.

Back