Mobil 1 EURO 0w40 in lawn mowers and other small engines.....

I use it in a 16kw LP generator year round. As well as my lawn mower and snow blower.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I use it in my toro zero turn for the last 12 years. 2 of my cars require it so less to stock

I use it in a 16kw LP generator year round. As well as my lawn mower and snow blower.
When my generac 16kw is out of warranty, this was my plan as well.

I will add that I’ve read the calcium in the euro oils doesn’t play well with LP engines. Not sure if there’s any truth to that.

I'm a newbie here and am really enjoying this thread. I've a 42 yr old Troy Bilt roto tiller with a 5hp Briggs and Stratton, a Honda snowblower, honda pressure washer, honda chipper/shredder, honda generator, and a Gravely (Kawasaki 23hp) zero turn mower. All these years I've put standard conventional oil in them per owners manuals, but have gotten tired of not only keeping the variety of straight weight oils on my shelves, but trying to find what I need at the auto parts stores. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic in my cars and trucks for the last 20 years or so and never had to add oil between changes (5-7Kmiles). I'm taking the quantum leap here and going with Mobil 1 10w-30 in all my small engines after reading this along with about a dozen other online articles about synthetics in older, newer, colder, and hotter engines; and no one has said Mobil 1 synthetic is bad for them. Yes, even the 42 yr old tiller manual says I can use synthetic in the B&S!. So, I generally buy my Mobil 1 at Costco for $34 a six qt pack on coupon special, or at Wal Mart if they have it. Auto parts stores and even Amazon are much more expensive. And, Costco has free shipping if it's not in the store and you buy it online.

I use Brad Penn racing oil in my Briggs powered MTD push mower from the late 80s. I figured the heavy ZDDP was worth having

I'm a newbie here and am really enjoying this thread. I've a 42 yr old Troy Bilt roto tiller with a 5hp Briggs and Stratton, a Honda snowblower, honda pressure washer, honda chipper/shredder, honda generator, and a Gravely (Kawasaki 23hp) zero turn mower. All these years I've put standard conventional oil in them per owners manuals, but have gotten tired of not only keeping the variety of straight weight oils on my shelves, but trying to find what I need at the auto parts stores. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic in my cars and trucks for the last 20 years or so and never had to add oil between changes (5-7Kmiles). I'm taking the quantum leap here and going with Mobil 1 10w-30 in all my small engines after reading this along with about a dozen other online articles about synthetics in older, newer, colder, and hotter engines; and no one has said Mobil 1 synthetic is bad for them. Yes, even the 42 yr old tiller manual says I can use synthetic in the B&S!. So, I generally buy my Mobil 1 at Costco for $34 a six qt pack on coupon special, or at Wal Mart if they have it. Auto parts stores and even Amazon are much more expensive. And, Costco has free shipping if it's not in the store and you buy it online.
Are you just cut-and-pasting the same post in older threads?

I use m1 0w40 in my relatively new Honda self propelled mower. I've noticed that it smokes a lot on startup but doesn't seem to burn much oil to speak of over the summer season. Thought I might try a 10w40 or 15 w40 and see if the smoking stops

Back