Mobil 1 EP 0w20

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Motor oil sound is the equivalent of the butt dyno - no facts support either.

Well that's true but Shannow and I would disagree. On 2 of my vehicles (Ford's) they were noisier on M1 (5w-30) than SuperTech syn (5w-30). Apparently most of my vehicles in the past were so noisy I didn't notice if oil made a difference!

Originally Posted by ka9mnx

Well that's true but Shannow and I would disagree. On 2 of my vehicles (Ford's) they were noisier on M1 (5w-30) than SuperTech syn (5w-30). Apparently most of my vehicles in the past were so noisy I didn't notice if oil made a difference!

He likes Castrol Magnatec in one of his recent threads.

used m1 in my cts was dead quiete and didnt burn oil.m1 makes good stuff and the ep,ap and esp is the top3 i believe.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

True, but I like not hearing metal to metal like sounds coming from my engine. Fortunately Castrol, Mobil 1 and Pennzoil products kept my engines sounding good. Boutique oil, not so much. Go figure.............

Interesting. I thought boutique oils typically have more moly and/or ester ... which supposedly makes the engines sound smoother if any.

There is a misconception that more is better when it comes to additives. Redline uses a high concentration of polar base oil (POE) and therefore needs higher levels of additives to compensate for that. POE competes for the surface against additives.

Been using Mobil 1 almost exclusively for 16 years in several different vehicles ,never experienced oil consumption or engine noise .

From various M1 i use, the EP makes the engine noise quieter compared than regular one, however when the oil get contaminated due to fuel system cleaner or induction system cleaner, it thinned out and rhe engine get noisy

Back