*Mobil 1 AP Noack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in toying with 0w16....
Lowest NOACK does not guarantee your engine lasts longest. Longetivity also includes variety, much like our bodies need. We need multiple food sources to last a long life. So do engines regarding oil. I wouldn't touch a jug of 0w16, unless I owned a more recent Hybrid. I am a big-time backyard blender ..... like for 25 years. I still wouldn't use 0w16 with a heavy viscosity to blend, to suit the needs of my older Colorado recommending 5w30.

0w20 has been around much longer, in the USA vehicle market. Want to play scientist?...... stick to blending with 0w20 for a few more years. Oil makers have closer-perfected that 0w20 oil.

Originally Posted by edyvw
For those thinking PAO is ultimate answer, remember that Mobil1 ESP Formula 5W30 had Noack 5.6% with Group III base.

I just bought 12 quarts of this product at Napa for like $5 a quart. I had zero luck finding the Noack online. Some of the other numbers were available utilizing XOM's website and SDS sheets. Looks like up to 40% group III according to the sds. Either way, 5 bucks a quart was a bargain and I will use it on the once a year, 6 thousand mile change on my daughters '15 TDI.

For those thinking PAO is ultimate answer, remember that Mobil1 ESP Formula 5W30 had Noack 5.6% with Group III base.

Thank you...

Might be what got on his tires
27.gif

Really not expecting the new arriving GF6 / SP version of Mobil-1 AP to arrive on Walmart shelves until June. The product isn't really a big seller due to price. May take a while (all May) to clear out old SN stock.
The Mobil-1 rebate program runs all summer - even into Fall and I have enough Pennzoil till winter. So I'll wear some patience.

Originally Posted by sloinker

I just bought 12 quarts of this product at Napa for like $5 a quart. I had zero luck finding the Noack online. Some of the other numbers were available utilizing XOM's website and SDS sheets. Looks like up to 40% group III according to the sds. Either way, 5 bucks a quart was a bargain and I will use it on the once a year, 6 thousand mile change on my daughters '15 TDI.

I think you bought new version. Old version was mostly Made in France or in some cases Made in Finland. It was never made in the US.
It was packed in same shape of bottles like Mobil Super3000.
5.6% Noack was a result of Russian lab. There is somewhere here on Bitog where that pdf is floating. However, that oil is not in production for 2 years.
New Mobil1 ESP 5W30 that replaced it has GTL base and Noack as far as I remember 7.1%. Still very good result.

Originally Posted by CT8
What is the whoop about Noack ?

It's overblown, but I figured I'd share it. It does give an indication of base oil quality level. I prefer anything under 11%. dexos has a 13% limit.

Originally Posted by CT8
What is the whoop about Noack ?

As Gokhan has touched-on, it's one of the tells for better quality base oil.

Enough bickering.

Posters who cannot follow forum rules about personal attacks will be given a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back