Mobil 1 Annual Protection

Originally Posted by domer10
Again and again people complaining about price of oil, yet AP can be run 2 times longer than regular oils. Cheapskates are the reason why add packs are becoming weaker and certain adds being removed. Why bother when joe blow only buys oil at 1.99 a qt. You spend 50 k on a vehicle all want the best protection but want to pay dollar store prices. Do this site a favour and call it bob is the budget oil guy.

I wouldn't say that is why additive packs are becoming weaker, but I'd agree with the name of this site being Bob is the rebate oil dollar store budget oil guy.

Originally Posted by buster

I wouldn't say that is why additive packs are becoming weaker, but I'd agree with the name of this site being Bob is the rebate oil dollar store budget oil guy.

Yes, we do get sound financial advisory for every technical question about oil we ask.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by OilReport99

Yes, we do get sound financial advisory for every technical question about oil we ask.
lol.gif

Being frugal and living within your means is a good thing. I just don't see oil as ever being one of the more costly goods in life. Buy to each their own.

Arguments of frugality aside, apparently EM reached the decision that the price required to reach sufficient volume would not be profitable.

You can have the best product in the world but if no one buys it does it matter?

Originally Posted by Gene K
Arguments of frugality aside, apparently EM reached the decision that the price required to reach sufficient volume would not be profitable.

You can have the best product in the world but if no one buys it does it matter?

That is true. As 4WD has said, EP gained from AP.

Ever since Castrol went Grp III, the others followed. Oil companies are in the business to make money.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Same thing you have posted 10 times … You are so amazing because you use Pennzoil Wow, man, wow

Impressive isn't it.
crackmeup2.gif

Again and again people complaining about price of oil, yet AP can be run 2 times longer than regular oils. Cheapskates are the reason why add packs are becoming weaker and certain adds being removed. Why bother when joe blow only buys oil at 1.99 a qt. You spend 50 k on a vehicle all want the best protection but want to pay dollar store prices. Do this site a favour and call it bob is the budget oil guy.

I've thought this for a while now.
01.gif

Originally Posted by OilReport99

lol.gif

Being frugal and living within your means is a good thing. I just don't see oil as ever being one of the more costly goods in life. Buy to each their own.

I agree with that. Next up, HPL 0W-16 for the wife's Camry.

Originally Posted by Gene K

That is true. As 4WD has said, EP gained from AP.

Ever since Castrol went Grp III, the others followed. Oil companies are in the business to make money.

Very very true what you said and what 4wd said.,..

EP was flying off the shelves in the Wally Worlds in my area...

M1 EP is most asked for here in Texas when I'm selling my "Oil Stash"

I'm sure EP and AP are TOP DOG oil but not buying into the hype. For me I do 4000-5000 full syn OCI's since my fleet is avg 20 years old and after speaking with fleet managers who handle heavy duty trucks, transit buses and Police vehicles.

Mobil Super Syn and Chevron Delo 400XLE 10W30 are going to be my main keepers for my work fleet
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
It's fine to change oil whenever you want with whatever you want …
but you saying hype is plain nonsense … stick with yellow tag hunting

...†...‚
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Artem

...†...‚
crackmeup2.gif

The UOA I've seen on BITOG don't tell me that. In fact I was at my local WM yesterday. No Mobil AP they have left that high priced loser it looks like.

Originally Posted by Artem

...†...‚
crackmeup2.gif

Bash all you want. I'm a PROUD "Cheapskate"
crackmeup2.gif
that lets me eat some BOMB Texas roadhouse >Weekly
34.gif

Saving those "pennies" REALLY add's up !!!
13.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Texas Roadhouse nearby does real well. I like my 'dark red like moly' steak sauce - at least 11+ at 100cst
It's gotta' be at least 12+cst@100, across the street at Famous Dave's.

Dave's has a couple real old Mobil oil tin cans in there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Texas Roadhouse nearby does real well. I like my 'dark red like moly' steak sauce - at least 11+ at 100cst
It's gotta' be at least 12+cst@100, across the street at Famous Dave's.

Dave's has a couple real old Mobil oil tin cans in there.

I like my steak "WELL DONE" !!! Black like the 24K OCI last owner did running PYB @ Jiffy "NO" Lube
crazy2.gif

Now I wonder if I added some M1 AP would my steak taste 20,000X better or keep me full for 20,000 hours ???
13.gif

Dave

P.S Only "Tin Cans" I have are in my head
27.gif
50.gif

Last edited:
Back