mobil 1 and purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to decide for my 4.7L tundra witch to buy.can you guys help me. i found a web page that tested them both and the purolator flowed: 30W 70F Oil flow @ 10psi: 17.2 oz per minute and the mobil 1 flowed:30W 70F Oil flow @ 10psi: 8.1 oz per minute but the mobil 1 filtered just slightly better at:Average largest pore size: 52 µm
Smallest pore size: 16 µm and the purolator at:Average largest pore size: 57 µm
Smallest pore size: 22 µm .ill be running mobil1ss oil and its only a two dollar diffrence and i want to go for 7500 on this oil/filter and the temperature were i live is ranging between hi 30's to low 60's. thanks in advance

I'd say the PureOnes are good for 7500, but lately due to what seems like manufacturing quality, I'd opt for a Wix or Napa Gold filter instead of the M1 or PureOne. I use Toyota filters on my 04 Tacoma DC, but I'm thinking of switching to either the NapaGold/Wix or actually thinking of using SuperTech filters from Wal-Mart since I change at 5000mi/6 month intervals.

There's more than a $2 difference at auto stores around here. The average difference is at least $4.

Mobil asks that your first OCI with their synthetics be shortened. Then do a normal OCI afterwards. I shortened my first one with Mobil-1 to 5.5K. The 2nd and 3rd have gone 7.5K. I'm about to change brands next. I don't like companies that add lesser Group-grade oils without notifying the consumer first.

santapiss.gif

Keep in mind that you can throw that flow difference out the window when the filter is installed on an engine. They'll break down to nothing and next to nothing. By looking at those indications, you would think that every time you're starting your engine, you're right on the brink of being in bypass if you're only at 10psi. Once you put the engine behind any flow ..it presents a tremendous resistance to flow ..which the filter appears next to nothing.

I'm switching to Wix. Some Wix are called Napa Gold. The M1 I used for my 4.7 Toyota was the longer M1-209. I hope to find a longer Wix/Napa Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back