Mobil 1 5W-30, 5046 miles, 05 Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see any problems with this UOA. You still have some break-in going on but at 9976 this is what one would expect. This is the reason to do several quick changes with a new engine. You will see improvements as it wears in.

Looks like a decent oil for this engine, Fink. It's hard to tell what's really happening while the engine is breaking in, but with only 2.875 quarts available, I don't blame you for changing it at 5K.

You should see a trending down of iron, copper, lead and silicon in your next UOA. Keep doing them at 5,000 mile intervals so you can see this yourself.

FWIW, I did early changes on my 2.4L Toyota engine, too. OEM air and oil filters all the way...

I told him over the Sentra board he should keep an eye on the Potassium abd sodium bc of the silicon,iron, lead. Again..probably just breakin stuff. But another analysis down the road wouldn't be a bad idea since these engines are somewhat prone to headgasket failures.

If this were my analysis I wouldn't be sweating it.

Miles on oil 5046
Miles on car 9976

The 1.8L Sentra has a 2 7/8 oil capacity with filter. So I didn't want to go over 5K OCI's. I changed the oil at 1K with Catrol GTX 10-30. I changed the oil and filter at 3K with Castrol Start-up 5W-30. I then put in Mobil 1 5W-30 at 5K.

I drive 48 miles roundtrip to work everyday. All highway.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back