SILICON 26
SODIUM 19
CALCIUM 2367
MAGNESIUM 14
PHOSPHORUS 625
ZINC 724
BARIUM 0

comments:
Your Nissan engine is new enough that we think the silicon and sodium may be left over from
the build-up, and the above average copper is from wear-in. The lead (bearings) may be high due to
the factory contaminants in the oil, so until you get rid of them, keep your oil use runs down around
average for the 2.5L, which is 5,020 miles. Universal averages show typical wear metals for an oil from
this type engine after an average oil use run. Air and oil filtration appear normal. No gas, moisture or
anti-freeze found. Look for better numbers next sample.

my comments: I opened up the intake manifold a few weeks before I changed out this oil to locktite the infamous butterfly valve screws. Not sure if that may have effected any of the numbers. (btw, it appears the screws were locktited at the factory. I couldn't budge them and I saw what may have been a drop of blue locktite on one of the butterfly plates, so I left them alone.)

I'm a noob so I need reassuring comments.
smile.gif

Did you change the oil? With another fill of synthetic?

There are no porblems with this report because it's a new car so you can see factory contaminants and wear-in metals in the numbers.

Reassuring comments: Lead is 1/2 the iron #. Coolant, fuel and moisture contamination tested NEG.

I'm also a novice in reading oil reports and I also have an '02 Spec V, but that looks pretty good to me.

I did the butterfly valve screws on mine also. All of mine were loose except one.

This is a good report considering the 12K miles on it. It will get better. Sodium can be a signof antifreeze but potassium is zero and that's another marker. So its not likely a problem. Good wear numbers for this milage.

What was your viscosity, TBN, solids, fuel, etc.?

I post as adc100 over at b15.
smile.gif

viscosity: 58.3
flashpoint: 415
fuel%: antifreeze%: 0
water%: 0
insolubles%: 0.2

I didn't get a TBN report.

Looks like your car is going to like this formula. Get another UOA in 10,000 miles to make sure. Add pack performed very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back